ResetBox One

#1Kanjo_BazooiePosted 8/2/2014 11:12:23 PM
Nicknamed my XB1 this. Don't know if I have a faulty console but it seems I have to hard reset my Xbox a bunch of times to fix stupid little errors. Like TV sound not working, friends mics not working in party chat, black screens in games like Forza, etc....
---
sig reserved until one of my teams win
#2PoweredMilkManPosted 8/2/2014 11:14:26 PM
At least that fixes everything mostly
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#3Jedi454Posted 8/2/2014 11:30:15 PM
I've literally hard reset my console once since launch.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#4Sith JediPosted 8/2/2014 11:33:17 PM
I had to reset a few times in the first month because of games crashing to the dashboard and sound crackling. But one of the updates fixed those problems for the most part. If you're having that many problems I'd try a factory reset and reinstall the updates...I have no idea how to do that though.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#5leelee3105Posted 8/2/2014 11:44:15 PM
User error
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#6n0suchluckPosted 8/3/2014 1:29:09 AM
Reset? Do you mean fully powering down the xbox and turning it back on? If so than the reason for this is that your xbox never fully powers down when you turn it off. It goes to a sorta sleep mode. If you leave your pc on sleep mode all the time it will do crazy things too. Hence why most people will tell you to never leave your pc on sleep mode. And since these consoles are glorified gaming pc's it's going to do the same thing. Helpful hint: after you download a game or dlc fully power down the xbox and restart it. Should alleviate the majority of your problems. Or just go into the settings and disable the sleep mode
---
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."-George Carlin
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 8/3/2014 2:40:04 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I've literally hard reset my console once since launch.

I never experience DRE or YLOD, but they certainly happened to enough people. Luckily faulty systems seem to be the exception instead of the rule this gen.
---
Don't mistake me for a troll, I'm just a nice guy who likes to debate/argue
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic