Think of a game you thought was okay

#1aj4x94Posted 8/3/2014 12:04:22 AM
What was one thing that saved it from being completely terrible.

Beyond Two Souls. Horrid writing(and I mean bad), but it had some genuinely cool set pieces.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#2Garage_ManPosted 8/3/2014 12:50:13 AM
Chrono Trigger. God awful storyline and characters but that music is just epic.
#3SixStringHeroPosted 8/3/2014 1:02:24 AM
Thief.

Most of the issues with that game were technical in nature, but there was some seriously stupid design decisions like making random alley ways and windows act as loading zones to break up the city hub. The story was bad and the ending was one of the worst I have seen in a long time from such a high budget title.

The levels themselves were quite fun. Still no where on the same level as Deadly Shadows or even Dishonored, but the level design was open enough to add some variety.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#4SixStringHeroPosted 8/3/2014 1:04:03 AM
Beyond: Two Souls was enjoyable.

For once David Cage's story didn't fall apart in the end which I have been accustomed to with Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#5da_StoOgePosted 8/3/2014 1:05:04 AM
Earth Defence Force 2025

Awful, awful frame-rate and screen-tearing even though the game looks like ass. It's saved only by the fact that it's probably the bestest, most funniest game ever made. Ever.

Seriously, that game is stupid fun.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#6InjusticeRebornPosted 8/3/2014 1:22:10 AM
Left 4 Dead 2. What saved it from being terrible? Friends.

Playing with friends is the only thing that puts it above Infinite Undiscovery as the two worst games I played during the PS3/360 era. If not for that, I don't think I could call it.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#7Red LinkPosted 8/3/2014 2:36:39 AM
SixStringHero posted...

For once David Cage's story didn't fall apart in the end which I have been accustomed to with Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain.

I disagree completely. Beyond was so bad that it makes Heavy Rain look competent by comparison. Indigo Prophecy is just as poorly written as B2S, but way funnier. I like to think of Indigo Prophecy as "The Room" of video games.
---
3DSFC: 1977-0327-8740
#8da_StoOgePosted 8/3/2014 2:47:57 AM
Red Link posted...
SixStringHero posted...

I disagree completely. Beyond was so bad that it makes Heavy Rain look competent by comparison. Indigo Prophecy is just as poorly written as B2S, but way funnier. I like to think of Indigo Prophecy as "The Room" of video games.

Then I must play it.
---
#9Red LinkPosted 8/3/2014 2:56:56 AM
da_StoOge posted...
Red Link posted...
SixStringHero posted...

Then I must play it.

Let me save you some trouble and recommend you watch one of these playthroughs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg719r6H3zI&list=PLaSPgE4K0SB3zwzvYPUPcAwUOLNd7jZAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacYbUC_FmQ&list=PL57hJfweW_2sOt01sX9TtQRkzv5RS231f

I personally like the first one, but the second is also a good if you prefer that style of commentary.
---
3DSFC: 1977-0327-8740
#10da_StoOgePosted 8/3/2014 3:21:59 AM
Yeesh. It really is like The Room. David Cage even sounds like Tommy Wiseau. No wonder his writing is so...awesome.
---