The most hyped PS4 exclusive.... Is Ryse with a zombie paint job?

#41Homie_202Posted 8/3/2014 12:37:23 PM
This topic is just sad. Nothing about ryse is anywhere near the last of us. If you actually agree with your own topic you have terrible taste.
#42StrongBlackVinePosted 8/3/2014 12:38:32 PM
UltimateGeth39 posted...
The closest thing the PS4 has to ryse is the order because they both look like crap.

You played the The Oder 1886 over 6 months before release? Give us the scoop.
#43YakashiPosted 8/3/2014 12:48:36 PM
It's funny as I'm playing both games at the moment. I know Ryse isn't as good as TLOU. I accept that is the almost universal consensus. But Ryse is good fun and I'm enjoying it a lot. I tried to play TLOU three times on my ps3 and couldn't get past the first hour due to boredom.

I bought the remastered version and I'm close to quitting again. I just find it incredibly dull and it's yet more proof that, to me, graphics really aren't that important.

Owning every console of the last 30 years I have no bias towards any so it's certainly not a ms vs Sony thing. In fact my two favourite games, ffx and res eve 2 were both, at the time, Sony exclusives.

It's a shame these days that a post needs to be signed off with something like that. As good as games and consoles are in 2014, the fun is certainly being taken away by the pond life that inhabit these boards.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#44LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 12:49:27 PM
Homie_202 posted...
This topic is just sad. Nothing about ryse is anywhere near the last of us. If you actually agree with your own topic you have terrible taste.

Except liner QTE gameplay?
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#45scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 12:53:27 PM
SixStringHero posted...

This has to be tongue in cheek...

I thought TLOU was great, but there was not one single facet of this game that was original from the story to actual game play.

A game that brings zero innovation does not deserve to be put on such a pedestal

I might be exaggerating slightly, but the bolded is simply not true.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#46Forget_Me_LovePosted 8/3/2014 1:13:37 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
SixStringHero posted...

This has to be tongue in cheek...

I thought TLOU was great, but there was not one single facet of this game that was original from the story to actual game play.

A game that brings zero innovation does not deserve to be put on such a pedestal

I might be exaggerating slightly, but the bolded is simply not true.

Explain
---
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you'll want me with you here beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go too.
#47loafy013Posted 8/3/2014 1:15:57 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Homie_202 posted...

Except liner QTE gameplay?

What exactly is all of the QTE in The Last of Us. Haven't played it since it came out, but off the top of my head, I don't really remember anything. Maybe the 100% optional secret doors, when you mess up and get tackled by a clicker, and starting a generator. What else am I missing that is such a huge part of the game otherwise?
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#48Garage_ManPosted 8/3/2014 1:16:47 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Well clearly he's a parody account otherwise he wouldn't know TLoU's story

My friend got TLOU for ps4 so he key me borrow his ps3. I gave it a fair try but it's not a 10.

A 10 is
Baldurs gate
Halo CE
Phantasy star 4
Halo 2
Final fantasy tactics
Fallout 2

Etc

I guess I just have higher standards. High production values and presentation does not mean a 10

Okay now THIS makes sense. Not exactly my 10/10 game list there but no, TLoU wasn't that great. IMO Bioshock Infinite was MUCH better.
#49MG42_CHEFPosted 8/3/2014 1:26:27 PM
Legend, we all know you can do much better. TLoU story is great, but to compare Ryse to it is simply too obvious.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#50LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 1:31:13 PM
Garage_Man posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Well clearly he's a parody account otherwise he wouldn't know TLoU's story

My friend got TLOU for ps4 so he key me borrow his ps3. I gave it a fair try but it's not a 10.

A 10 is
Baldurs gate
Halo CE
Phantasy star 4
Halo 2
Final fantasy tactics
Fallout 2

Etc

I guess I just have higher standards. High production values and presentation does not mean a 10

Okay now THIS makes sense. Not exactly my 10/10 game list there but no, TLoU wasn't that great. IMO Bioshock Infinite was MUCH better.

Yes bioshock infinite had a truly deep and complex plot that didn't pull out unbelievable sequences to provoke a cheap reaction. Elizabeth was tough and likable/helpful and didn't have shoe horned lesbian or "girl powah toughness" to make her seem deeper than she was"

Plus the gameplay of bioshock curb stomps TLOU
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you