Forbes: What Microsoft Has Done Right (and Wrong) in China with Xbox One

#1quincy2000aPosted 8/3/2014 11:43:56 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ccuster/2014/08/03/what-microsoft-has-done-right-and-wrong-in-china-with-xbox-one/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#2duericPosted 8/3/2014 11:45:28 AM
Just getting a console sold in China is a win.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3InjusticeRebornPosted 8/3/2014 11:51:06 AM
dueric posted...
Just getting a console sold in China is a win.

XD

TC - hey mister drop-a-link, good to see you're back on form. After yesterday, I thought some ill fortune had come your way as we didn't see you and your usual work. Glad to see you're okay.

:wipes brow:
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#4LooksLikeRainPosted 8/3/2014 11:56:51 AM
Blog: What Microsoft Has Done Right (and Wrong) in China with Xbox One

FTFY
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#5IroncondorzPosted 8/3/2014 4:53:12 PM
I think it is obvious it would have to be region locked in order to get approved to be sold there, so that isn't a surprise. That and the grey market/hacked consoles are why China isn't going to have a major impact on the "console race" as far as the rest of the world goes.

The console ban lifting is a big win for China overall though.
#6NSGraphitePosted 8/3/2014 4:59:55 PM
It's a win for Chinese GAMERS that's for sure.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#7IroncondorzPosted 8/3/2014 5:12:06 PM
The other winners are developers who now have wider audience to tap.
#8darkstar4221Posted 8/3/2014 11:44:21 PM(edited)
Damn $600? That's going to badly hurt sales, hopefully some Chinese reverse-engineers the Xbox one hardware and makes clone Xbox-one systems like what happened with the PS2.
#9darkstar4221Posted 8/3/2014 11:56:20 PM(edited)
Ironcondorz posted...
I think it is obvious it would have to be region locked in order to get approved to be sold there, so that isn't a surprise. That and the grey market/hacked consoles are why China isn't going to have a major impact on the "console race" as far as the rest of the world goes.

The console ban lifting is a big win for China overall though.

The fact that China doesn't give a damn about copyright law is one of the few things that China does right, but the censorship laws such as banning video game consoles doesn't really make sense. Chinese citizens end up pirating the content that's censored anyway whether be movies, books, video games etc.

If the ban was fully lifted prices for video games would go down much faster.
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/3/2014 11:54:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Shield_Project

The real challenge will be getting past that day one patch...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."