Most Pretentious Video Game Developer?

#121BDJaycePosted 8/4/2014 12:00:08 PM
So what i've gathered from all of this thread is..

Naughty Dog made two preteen girls kiss each other.. and that makes them pretentious.

I'm not sure how to respond to this infallible logic. I have a headache, congratulations on your accomplishment.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#122pwnater777Posted 8/4/2014 12:03:19 PM
SixStringHero posted...
Naughty Dog takes it for their Left Behind DLC.

Because adding on to story = being pretentious?

Sounds like fanboys bashing ND just for the sake of bashing ND.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#123ChiliPupPosted 8/4/2014 12:06:57 PM
pwnater777 posted...
SixStringHero posted...
Naughty Dog takes it for their Left Behind DLC.

Because adding on to story = being pretentious?

Sounds like fanboys bashing ND just for the sake of bashing ND.

Oh, come on lol. Everyone knows that Sony fanboys humor this argument, simply because they know jealousy when they see it. Hell, if I only had an XBox One, I would be grumpy too.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#124Lewis_BlackPosted 8/4/2014 12:12:57 PM
CollegeDevil posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Ken Levine
Naughty Dog
BioWare (more specifically Casey Hudson)

This. I would like to add on David Cage though. As well as Hideo Kojima.

These, although I would take off Naughty Dog... for now.
---
I'm the greatest ****er here! And you sniveling ****s would die without me! Ahahaha!
#125scoobydoobydontPosted 8/4/2014 12:17:42 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
This argument being one of them?

Nah, your entire critique is simply wrong. I mean factually incorrect, not just morally such as the poorly veiled homophobia that is the only basis for one of your biggest complaints. There was nothing shocking or in poor taste or needless about the scene, it was just a humanizing moment revealing more blatantly a facet of the character that was already implied in the base game. Your argument is entirely you making excuses so you can project your obvious bigotry, and possibly to further justify your fanboyism. I'm not sure which is a greater factor, but both should make you feel embarrassed. I know you won't though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#126popping4itPosted 8/4/2014 12:25:34 PM
its like people dont even know what the word pretentious means....
---
whens mahvel?
#127EllesarienPosted 8/4/2014 12:32:21 PM
ChiliPup posted...
It was SO incredibly pretentious of Naughty Dog to give itself over 200 game of the year awards for The Last Of Us. I mean, it doesn't get more pretentious than that.

We got it champ. You hero-worship ND. I think one or two more posts would make it clear though.

Some of their commentary THIS gen has been pretentious though. They are talking alot of crap now. I would also call a 1 year old remaster a bit pretentious but seeing how the collective Sony fanbase lost their minds over it for some reason I guess it was just smart.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#128ChiliPupPosted 8/4/2014 12:38:15 PM
Ellesarien posted...
I would also call a 1 year old remaster a bit pretentious but seeing how the collective Sony fanbase lost their minds over it for some reason I guess it was just smart.

Seriously? Okay, you can call me out for repetitive posts about the 200+ GOTY awards, that's fair. However, the re-release had very little to do with old fans of the series, and everything to do with PS4 owners who never owned a PS3. Economics. And brilliant economics at that. They will sell another million copies, mostly to people who never played it before. Honestly, I expect to see several PS3 exclusives make their remastered way to the PS4 for the same reason. And I expect many former 360-only owners will buy them. This is the easiest decision a game developer, or Sony in general, could make, taking into account the dramatic shift in brand choice this generation.
---
#129GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 12:56:28 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
This argument being one of them?

Nah, your entire critique is simply wrong. I mean factually incorrect, not just morally such as the poorly veiled homophobia that is the only basis for one of your biggest complaints. There was nothing shocking or in poor taste or needless about the scene, it was just a humanizing moment revealing more blatantly a facet of the character that was already implied in the base game. Your argument is entirely you making excuses so you can project your obvious bigotry, and possibly to further justify your fanboyism. I'm not sure which is a greater factor, but both should make you feel embarrassed. I know you won't though.

Son that strawman isn't going to get you anywhere and resulting to such low tactics such as falsely calling me a homophobe and a fanboy only highlights how desperate you are to discredit my arguments despite having no real valid arguments yourself.

I will admit that the kissing scene was innocent enough but at the same time it was pushing the boundries of good taste, I could perhaps accept it if it were a totally vital part to the story and there was no other way to get whatever point it was they were trying to get across without that scene but as it stands I do not see why it needed to be included, the only reason I can see for it's inclusion was to try and create controversy not over the fact that it was to female's kissing (though Naughty Dog would try to spin it that way in order to make them look like the champions of social justice as you have as well, another good example of pretentiousness) but over the fact that the 2 females are both underage. But if you are so keen to defend this scene then by all means tell me what the point of this scene was? How was this scene absolutely vital to the story? And how would the DLC have been any poorer without it?
#130ChiliPupPosted 8/4/2014 1:08:43 PM
I will admit that the kissing scene was innocent enough but at the same time it was pushing the boundries of good taste, I could perhaps accept it if it were a totally vital part to the story and there was no other way to get whatever point it was they were trying to get across without that scene but as it stands I do not see why it needed to be included, the only reason I can see for it's inclusion was to try and create controversy not over the fact that it was to female's kissing (though Naughty Dog would try to spin it that way in order to make them look like the champions of social justice as you have as well, another good example of pretentiousness) but over the fact that the 2 females are both underage. But if you are so keen to defend this scene then by all means tell me what the point of this scene was? How was this scene absolutely vital to the story? And how would the DLC have been any poorer without it?

Have you watched TV or movies lately? Poor taste is a legitimate opinion, as are *most* opinions, but Naughty Dog has only begun to push the boundaries that current entertainment standards are employing heavily. Hell, I've seen worse on ABC Family lol.
---