Most Pretentious Video Game Developer?

#141TheGam3925Posted 8/4/2014 4:59:03 PM
Cliff Blezinski is an attention seeking rock star wannabe.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#142XBrosephPosted 8/4/2014 8:17:37 PM
LOL@ all the Sony fanboys getting defensive over the Last of Us, I thought this was the Xbox One forum?
#143BDJaycePosted 8/4/2014 8:24:12 PM
XBroseph posted...
LOL@ all the Sony fanboys getting defensive over the Last of Us, I thought this was the Xbox One forum?

It's not just the Sony 'fanboys' getting defensive over The Last of Us or in this case Naughty Dog.. it's anybody with a modicum of sense.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#144XBrosephPosted 8/4/2014 8:35:55 PM
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...

It's not just the Sony 'fanboys' getting defensive over The Last of Us or in this case Naughty Dog.. it's anybody with a modicum of sense.

Really? Because to me it seems like you are just getting butthurt. I mean it is ok to like the Last of Us and all as everyone does have different tastes however you do have to admit that the Last of Us is more than a little pretentious.
#145BDJaycePosted 8/5/2014 5:09:05 AM
XBroseph posted...
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...

Really? Because to me it seems like you are just getting butthurt. I mean it is ok to like the Last of Us and all as everyone does have different tastes however you do have to admit that the Last of Us is more than a little pretentious.

A little sure.. "MOST pretentious" not even close. I've never even played the game but i've seen enough of it to know that.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#146Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/5/2014 6:20:34 AM
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...

A little sure.. "MOST pretentious" not even close. I've never even played the game but i've seen enough of it to know that.

have you read his name? just stop... you have to be the one to walk away from the argument because he never will
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#147PuffPuffPastorPosted 8/5/2014 6:24:59 AM
Spider5800 posted...
Also, all the votes for EA make me think a lot of people don't know what the definition of pretentious is.

preĚtenĚtious
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

EA is the exact opposite of pretentious. They don't emphasize how important or talented they are as a company, they emphasize how fun it is to hit people in football and make explosions by shooting barrels with assault rifles. They are the Michael Bay's of video games.

It's like that episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where the gang tries to give Charlie a special day out for his birthday. At first they dont want to for various reasons, so Frank tells them to stop being so cynical.

They spend the entire rest of the episode using the word "cynical" incorrectly. Lmao. That was a pretty good episode.
---
Jeice is bad.... but he aint that bad.
#148GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:34:39 AM
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...
BDJayce posted...
XBroseph posted...

You haven't even played it? I guess that should have been obvious as your arguments clearly show you have no idea what you are talking about but then why defend it in the first place? I mean I could bad mouth Alan Wake for being pretentious but having never actually played it I wouldn't know, I have heard that it is pretentious and it does look like it could be pretentious but having never played it I am not in a position to make the call.

While I personally don't agree with the Last of Us being called the "MOST pretentious" game it is still up there and I can see why people might call it that, and I can actually say that with authority because I have actually played the game unlike some people in this thread.
#149scoobydoobydontPosted 8/5/2014 10:40:45 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Son that strawman...

Stopped reading there. You're spinning and spinning, but you have no argument. You are a homophobe who is upset that there was girls kissing because of your own homophobic projections onto the intent and purpose of the scene. You sound like any other bigot, and I'm not buying your incredibly weak attempts to legitimize your bigotry.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#150GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:57:53 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Son that strawman...

Stopped reading there. You're spinning and spinning, but you have no argument. You are a homophobe who is upset that there was girls kissing because of your own homophobic projections onto the intent and purpose of the scene. You sound like any other bigot, and I'm not buying your incredibly weak attempts to legitimize your bigotry.

If that is the best you can do I am pretty sure your argument has run it's course, I have given you chances to justify your assertions and clarify the purpose and intent of the scene but since you cant I think it is pretty obvious to everyone with at least half a brain that your arguments are little more than hot air and repeating the same thing over and over won't make it true.

If you have nothing of value to add to the thread then I suggest you find a new thread to troll as your continued attempts to defend the Last of Us are only betraying how much of a sad fanboy you really are.