Most Pretentious Video Game Developer?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Most Pretentious Video Game Developer?
1 year ago#151
Both Quantic Dream and Naughty Dog
1 year ago#152
This topic has no value. It's just a veiled attempt to bad mouth certain companies.

You defended PM and Lionhead studios as 'not being pretentious'. That's all the evidence anyone needs as to the validity of this topic.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
1 year ago#153
BDJayce posted...
This topic has no value. It's just a veiled attempt to bad mouth certain companies.

You defended PM and Lionhead studios as 'not being pretentious'. That's all the evidence anyone needs as to the validity of this topic.

How are PM and Lionhead pretentious? Being over enthusiastic about your work does not make you pretentious, for all the things you could chastise Lionhead for I don't think being pretentious is one of them.
1 year ago#154
So being cliche and having girl kisses - pretentious.

Offering you the world and failing to deliver on 90% of the promises given - not pretentious.

Glad I was educated.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
1 year ago#155
BDJayce posted...
So being cliche and having girl kisses - pretentious.

Offering you the world and failing to deliver on 90% of the promises given - not pretentious.

Glad I was educated.

Obviously you weren't half as well educated as you think you are, being pretentious is the art of falsely trying to give the impression that you are more clever, talented or cultured than you really are in an effort to prove your superiority, failing to live up to the goals you set yourself or a project is not, not sure why you would call it pretentious to strive to better yourself and your works, I am sure all artists set loftier goals for themselves than they can achieve, it is the only way to better ourselves and our work, the problem with PM is he often sets the bar a little too high and reveals his goals too soon which causes customers to get upset when they don't live up to expectations, this is not a sign of pretentiousness but a sign of passion.
1 year ago#156
Aren't some of those just publishers???
---
Proud PSWii60, XB14U, 3DS, Vita and P.C owner. And I love them all :D
1 year ago#157
Phil Fish.

The end.
1 year ago#158
JusticeLeaguer8 posted...
Phil Fish.

The end.

Lol, this.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
1 year ago#159
Crytek
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
1 year ago#160
CollegeDevil posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Kevin Levine
Naughty Dog
BioWare (more specifically Casey Hudson)

This. I would like to add on David Cage though. As well as Hideo Kojima.

When Kojima openly mocks himself at times, I'm not sure you can call him pretentious. He doesn't think he's better or super important, it's just japanese storytelling. He openly acknowledges it's faults.

That said, David Cage/QD.
---
http://gentlemanadventurer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/batman-never-ends.png
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Most Pretentious Video Game Developer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived