Most Pretentious Video Game Developer?

#21StrongBlackVinePosted 8/3/2014 1:39:51 PM
wavvvves posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
SixStringHero posted...
Naughty Dog takes it for their Left Behind DLC.

How bad did it get?

Well for starters for some reason they felt the need to make Ellie a lesbian or at the very least show her exploring her bi-curious nature with her friend, while I have nothing against same sex relations I do have to question what purpose such a scene served in the narrative and why it absolutely needed to be there. If the only reason it was included was because "art" then it just seems a little creepy considering the girls are both aged 13.

That's why I didn't like tlou. My brother is gay so by NO means am I against it. But if a dev caters towards the lesbian/gay/feminist/genderless trend for the press... No thanks. If 1 of the 2 main characters were gay, that'd be more fine. But both of them are somehow gay??? Is anyone straight then?? It's just stupid! You know why they did it, and so does everyone else.

Bill was clearly gay so what's the big deal about Ellie has a childhood crush on a girl?
#22duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:40:13 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...

Mostly most pretentous developer, most pretentous game is a subcatagory

Yeah, then definitely Epic. You just had to be there during Judgement to fully grasp why.

Think Gamefaqs levels of deflection and defensiveness.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#23TheeLeehamPosted 8/3/2014 1:43:47 PM(edited)
Hideo Kojima/Metal Gear Solid
#24scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 1:47:05 PM
Of your choices, Quantic is by far, but overall Irrational is the worst because most people can see through David Cage. Irrational/Levine, OTOH, has a lot of fools genuinely convinced of his talent. Bioshock Infinite was a misfire in every way--it did literally everything worse than the previous games and had nothing new to say that wasn't already said better in BS1 and SS2--and some people still think it was GOTY material somehow. When your DLC is so much better than everything that was in the core game, you've screwed up.

Levine is one-note, and I'd argue even that one note was taken from other more talented but less recognized people from the SS2 team. Levine is only good for wrapping the same ideas up in a new even less compelling wrapper each time that he goes back to the same well. Even Cage has greater range and creativity, even if he sucks at implementing it (really, Cage needs a vetting team with full veto power to bring Cage's ideas back in line to be something more consistent, well paced and grounded).

Molyneux was pretty pretentious too, but after Fable 1 most people knew that he was an idea guy who didn't really care about the realities and importance of implementation, or how toxic so many broken promises can be for a fanbase.

Also, ITT: ignorant people completely make up reasons to troll TLOU.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#25Robin_MaskPosted 8/3/2014 2:10:44 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Kevin Levine
Naughty Dog
BioWare (more specifically Casey Hudson)

I want to know more about Levine, I want to know what someone else thinks.
---
Solo and co-op player only.
#26Killah PriestPosted 8/3/2014 2:12:34 PM
Ken Levine, not so much the games but when he talks about them he just comes across as pretentious.

David Cage on the other hand... yes we see right through that to the point where its become a joke. When cage speaks we all know every other word out of his mouth is going to be "emotion"
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 2:13:36 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
I want to know more about Levine, I want to know what someone else thinks.

He's one of the most pretentious figures in the industry, with the most success at fooling the less intelligent yet possessing the least actual talent.
---
#28scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 2:15:44 PM
Killah Priest posted...
Ken Levine, not so much the games but when he talks about them he just comes across as pretentious.

David Cage on the other hand... yes we see right through that to the point where its become a joke. When cage speaks we all know every other word out of his mouth is going to be "emotion"

The thing is, if Cage wasn't in charge and given free reign, I think his ideas have the most potential to be turned into something good. Obviously that isn't worth much in reality because he is in charge and has free reign. =(
---
#29Killah PriestPosted 8/3/2014 2:22:55 PM
The thing is, if Cage wasn't in charge and given free reign, I think his ideas have the most potential to be turned into something good. Obviously that isn't worth much in reality because he is in charge and has free reign. =(

I completely agree, I'm actually a huge fan of David Cage and Quantic Dream games. His ideas are great and he does make characters that I invest in and care about but there always seems to be a point where the game goes in some weird direction.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#30Crystyn_7BPosted 8/3/2014 2:24:09 PM
Excuse me but that spot most definitely belongs to Peter Molyneux, it's not even a competition. Not even Lionhead but Peter Molyneux the individual.