To end this: if it wasn't for Halo do you think there would be Destiny?

#1bloodlover4everPosted 8/3/2014 12:40:22 PM
Some will say it plays nothing like Halo although the AI feels like they came from one of Halo's universe and the weapon/ grenade selection are identical to Halo.
Whatever, the game is good but I can't understand why Bungie left MS to develop a game that has the same feel as Halo.

If you believe this has nothing to do with Halo then ask yourself please what is the closest game to this? CoD? Borderland??? Killzone? Do you think there would be Destiny if there was no Halo series?

You see each of these games ( Borderland, CoD and Killzone) has an identity that can easily distinguishes them from other shooters. Destiny while AGAIN a very solid game but it has Halo feel more than any other game which is fine since the developers are the same but I still can't understand the views that call it original IP?
#2WarsuhPosted 8/3/2014 12:42:06 PM
No
#3wavvvvesPosted 8/3/2014 12:44:01 PM
I just covered this in a thread. Basically destiny sucks imo and when playing it all I could think about was "man, I want to play halo"
#4zerooo0Posted 8/3/2014 12:44:13 PM
Well it would depend on how the events that would follow on an alternate timeline had Halo never became popular or ever happened. If we go strictly by the evens of our current timeline then no Destiny would not happen without Halo.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5HorridhalPosted 8/3/2014 12:44:28 PM
Why does it matter?

It isn't Halo, it is Destiny. It is made by the same developer so, of course, there are similarities.

Beyond that who gives a **** besides fanboys who feel 'wronged' by Bungie?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#6duericPosted 8/3/2014 12:44:38 PM
Nah. The only reason there's Destiny is because MS owns the Halo IP.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 12:53:01 PM
Thank you guys for your replies.

The reason behind this is that I really feel Bungie could've developed something original but they wanted a safe IP so they created Destiny based on their Halo experience.

It is not a Halo clone but it is very similar to Halo experience to the extend that I cannot call it original IP.
#8duericPosted 8/3/2014 12:54:22 PM
bloodlover4ever posted...
Thank you guys for your replies.

The reason behind this is that I really feel Bungie could've developed something original but they wanted a safe IP so they created Destiny based on their Halo experience.

It is not a Halo clone but it is very similar to Halo experience to the extend that I cannot call it original IP.

It's kind of funny actually. Because the last thing anybody really wanted was more Halo from Bungie.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 8/3/2014 12:59:55 PM(edited)
I still say that Destiny is just a continuation of what Bungie did with Halo Reach. Same graphics engine, same AI, similar art direction, same guns, and armor abilities are present in Destiny. They basically stripped the Halo out of Halo Reach and added in some generic enemies and story and a little COD gameplay mechanics (mainly ADS.)
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#10ghoasePosted 8/3/2014 1:00:49 PM
Well if there was no bungie there would be no halo or destiny right?

Destiny is a bungie made game not a halo made game.