To end this: if it wasn't for Halo do you think there would be Destiny?

#11LEGEND_725Posted 8/3/2014 1:02:41 PM
dueric posted...
bloodlover4ever posted...
Thank you guys for your replies.

The reason behind this is that I really feel Bungie could've developed something original but they wanted a safe IP so they created Destiny based on their Halo experience.

It is not a Halo clone but it is very similar to Halo experience to the extend that I cannot call it original IP.

It's kind of funny actually. Because the last thing anybody really wanted was more Halo from Bungie.

Speak for yourself kid
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#12duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:04:13 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
dueric posted...
Thank you guys for your replies.

The reason behind this is that I really feel Bungie could've developed something original but they wanted a safe IP so they created Destiny based on their Halo experience.

It is not a Halo clone but it is very similar to Halo experience to the extend that I cannot call it original IP.

It's kind of funny actually. Because the last thing anybody really wanted was more Halo from Bungie.

Speak for yourself kid

You liked Reach?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 1:09:44 PM
dueric posted...
You liked Reach?

I liked Reach best in the entire series. Not saying I wanted more Halo from Bungie, but I loved Reach.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#14SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 8/3/2014 1:15:04 PM
ghoase posted...
Well if there was no bungie there would be no halo or destiny right?

Destiny is a bungie made game not a halo made game.

Actually, Destiny is a Halo made game, literally made using the Halo Reach engine, and damn near every asset used in Halo Reach. The AI, Animations, Guns, Movement, Abilities, Vehicles, etc, are all rip offs from Bungies previous work.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#15duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:16:41 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
dueric posted...
You liked Reach?

I liked Reach best in the entire series. Not saying I wanted more Halo from Bungie, but I loved Reach.

Multiplayer too? I mean, Reach literally killed competitive Halo.

Most Halo pros play COD now because of Reach.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16velvet_hammerPosted 8/3/2014 1:32:28 PM
Who cares destiny destroys halo
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 1:36:48 PM
dueric posted...

I don't care about MP in any Halo. I mean, I played it because I'm a completionist, but it isn't something I care about or have any investment in, so I really can't say if it's better or worse. It's always a chore to me, even in CoD.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#18duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:39:01 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
dueric posted...

I don't care about MP in any Halo. I mean, I played it because I'm a completionist, but it isn't something I care about or have any investment in, so I really can't say if it's better or worse. It's always a chore to me, even in CoD.

Then we are basing our opinions on two different things. I suspect a lot of the "I like Reach" replies would be based on the SP, and I have no issue with that opinion at all.
---
#19bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 1:44:42 PM(edited)
Well you might not agree with me on this but I liked Halo 3 MP more than anything else and I felt Reach destroyed the beauty of Halo MP IMO with all these abilities! I will play Halo 3 again when it comes to XboxOne.
The other thing which I really miss is the split screen, I had unlimited fun with brothers while playing as a team together through Halo MP.
#20duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:47:42 PM
Well you might not agree with me on this but I liked Halo 3 MP more than anything else and I felt Reach destroyed the beauty of Halo MP IMO with all these abilities! I will play Halo 3 again when it comes to XboxOne.
The other thing which I really miss is the split screen, I had unlimited fun with brothers while playing as a team together through Halo MP.

That's my complaint with Reach MP. Going from 3 MP to Reach was like going from Gears 3 to Judgement. Just two total letdowns that you still can't believe were made by the same people.
---