Xbox lagging sales

#1KconvPosted 8/3/2014 1:04:36 PM
The xbox is lagging in sales but it has very little to do with graphics or power.

Its price.....

Multiple sku's dont work well...and this is especially compounded by the fact that the new lower price is more expensive.....

After the initial issues, both the Titanfall and Forza 5 xbox went on sale for 449 with a kinect..

Right now its 399 with no game and no kinect, that's actually 100$ more, especially since everyone is convinced they are just going to be forced into buying a kinect later, because microsoft is very invested and is going to soft force it again later..

THis is compounded by the fact that 350$ ps4's are showing up everywhere... Sam's club, best buy, Amazon, ebay..

Microsoft needs!!!!! a 399 xbox with kinect and a game to compete... I know thats going to hurt to hear it, but its true..

I would like to get one, but I am NOT going to pay 100$ more than I would have 8 months ago and 150$ more than a ps4 and like it or not, alot of people are going to view it that way.
#2duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:06:10 PM
Was it ever not price?

With the price drop, One will catch up quickly. Just like the PS3 did.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3Sith JediPosted 8/3/2014 1:09:21 PM
New and exciting!
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 1:10:58 PM
My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates...
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#5Kconv(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 1:11:21 PM
dueric posted...
Was it ever not price?

Its not a price drop.. its a price movement and a value decrease...

Xbox one with kinect and titanfall 450$ assuming 50$ for the game and 100$ for the kinect it makes the total cost of the console itself 300$

or you can look at it this way

399+ 100$ for kinect which at some point its likely microsoft will nearly force you to buy+ 50$ for a game = 550$

Microsoft took a big risk with selling the kinect as a totally required interconnected experience and its almost impossible to separate that now, no matter how hard they try...
#6LEGEND_725Posted 8/3/2014 1:11:32 PM
Xbox one doubled sales last month. Outsold ps4 in software on June, and is closing out the year with a crushing line up.

Your point ?
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#7duericPosted 8/3/2014 1:13:57 PM
Kconv posted...
dueric posted...
Was it ever not price?

Xbox one with kinect and titanfall 450$ assuming 50$ for the game and 100$ for the kinect it makes the total cost of the console itself 300$

399+ 100$ for kinect which at some point its likely microsoft will nearly force you to buy+ 50$ for a game = 550$

Microsoft took a big risk with selling the kinect as a totally required interconnected experience and its almost impossible to separate that now, no matter how hard they try...

It's still a fart if no one hears it, dude.

You can call it whatever you want. When the price goes from $500 to $400 it's a price drop in the eyes of the average consumer.

Hence why sales doubled when it happened.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8Kconv(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 1:15:26 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
New and exciting!

I know its not a new concept, but if you look around one of the biggest questions asked is why after the price drop do the sales continue to stagger, and its because it wasn't a price drop, it was a cost shift and is actually more expensive than it was.

Microsoft continues to show they are going to mess and go all greedy corp on their customers even after getting slammed for it repeatedly

I am finally ready to start looking at an Xbox one, and my brother wants one for his kids and I told him no way do not buy until Microsoft at the very least gets back to the price they offered in winter/spring..
#9googlerPosted 8/3/2014 1:25:54 PM
I'd say its both price and hardware. This Gen in general is pretty underwhelming but paying more for something weaker just doesn't make sense especially when its mostly 3rd party stuff that sells
#10dnmtPosted 8/3/2014 1:30:12 PM
dueric posted...
Kconv posted...
dueric posted...
Was it ever not price?

It's still a fart if no one hears it, dude.

You can call it whatever you want. When the price goes from $500 to $400 it's a price drop in the eyes of the average consumer.

Hence why sales doubled when it happened.

Alright mr. analyst, would you give us a timeframe when the Xbone will surpass PS4 in sales?