Should Microsoft launch an Xbox Portable handheld?

#11kennyynnooPosted 8/3/2014 6:34:21 PM
No, hate hand held. I've owned a few, played them rarely on vacation and never again. I won't buy it.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#12lunchbox2042Posted 8/3/2014 6:49:36 PM
No. Sony tried it and failed. Handhelds are more popular in Japan where Microsoft isn't very popular.
#13slyman19Posted 8/3/2014 6:55:15 PM
Nope. The handheld market is dying very fast. The Vita is a huge flop and the 3DS just had a horrible quarter and is tracking FAR behind the DS.
#14Omega_BlackPosted 8/3/2014 7:14:00 PM
If Sony couldn't do better than Nintendo I seriously believe Microsoft would only do worse.

The mentality would probably be just like Sony: more power, home console experience only portable then throw a bunch of home console ports that run and play like poop on it.

However, only in Japan, a country where mobile gaming is far, FAR more popular than home consoles these days, would that strategy work.

MS would create a niche product for a niche audience unless it found/created a Pokemon level IP that could contend with Nintendo.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#15SnickleseedPosted 8/3/2014 7:31:06 PM
No because mobile gaming is rapidly taking over the handheld market segment, as much as I hate the fact
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#16AzaneAzerPosted 8/3/2014 7:34:42 PM(edited)
Windows Phone.

LOL

But ya, the 3ds is the only handheld that can survive the Microscam market that is cell phone "gaming" (Credit card has replaced the controller)
#17BDJaycePosted 8/3/2014 8:16:43 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Windows Phone.

LOL

But ya, the 3ds is the only handheld that can survive the Microscam market that is cell phone "gaming" (Credit card has replaced the controller)

It's not just the 3DS, it's whatever Nintendo focuses on. Like it or not while the Xbox and Playstation fight over console supremacy.. Nintendo has claimed and dominated mobile gaming.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#18SpongeBob_SPPosted 8/4/2014 3:11:25 AM
Asellus posted...
Ie, try to take on the market Sony's tried twice to take from Nintendo and has nothing to show for it but losses at the same time said market's rapidly being eaten up by mobile gaming?

I agree with this. It just wouldn't be a wise business decision.

However, I would like Microsoft to implement remote play somehow. I love that feature on the Wii U.