Anyone else tired of the Indie art style that use 8-bit?(Like Shovel Knight)

#1zerooo0Posted 8/3/2014 8:38:17 PM
I'm really tired of seeing this as an over abundance. I wish we would get more indie games that resemble Dust an Elysian Tale, Valiant Hearts, Rayman Legends, or Mighty No.9. Just feel like we got too many 8-bit styled games these days.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2Charity_DiaryPosted 8/3/2014 8:41:14 PM
YES, for the love of god, having worse graphics is not "artsy" or whatever. It's a crutch. Learn2graphics.
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#3Jedi454Posted 8/3/2014 8:42:22 PM
YES! I'm sick of these platformer style games being flooded left and right and being rated highly for being "retro".
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 8:43:53 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
YES, for the love of god, having worse graphics is not "artsy" or whatever. It's a crutch. Learn2graphics.

It's not that it's a crutch the indie developers more than likely use it as a good stepping stone to get into development. Only concequence though is an over abundance of 8 bit games. Also everything is art, so you can't really exclude anything for not being "artsy".
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5Team_NinjaPosted 8/3/2014 8:47:11 PM
It's cheaper for developers to make and cheaper for publishers to support financially.

But yea. If I want to play 8bit games I'll play it on my phone or Ipad. My new console(s) will have none of this. It's one thing to be indie, it's another to be 8bit. Doesn't help that currently there's no way to delete games entirely from the systems, both xbox one and ps4.
#6Omega_BlackPosted 8/3/2014 8:52:49 PM
It was cute and evoked nostalgia a few years back when the indie scene started to use it.
Now it's just obnoxious in its overuse.

Worse are the games that just use the aesthetic to sell themselves but have mediocre gameplay.

It's just like how AAA publishers use flashy, AAA graphics to bait folks only to give them the banana surprise in the form of shoddy gameplay.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#7pwnater777Posted 8/3/2014 9:00:02 PM
Shovel Knight perfectly re-created the NES-era graphical limitations.

And seriously (like you'd expect out of Xbox fans), some people really unnecessarily bash and expect way too much from indies made my incredibly small development teams. Even with the PS4 getting much more indie support, that's at least a ton more unique, innovative games. There's no reason to just mindlessly hate on indies.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#8Omega_BlackPosted 8/3/2014 9:07:45 PM
pwnater777 posted...

And seriously (like you'd expect out of Xbox fans)...
Stopped reading right there.
Take your garbage elsewhere, fantroll.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 9:07:53 PM
pwnater777 posted...

And seriously (like you'd expect out of Xbox fans), some people really unnecessarily bash and expect way too much from indies made my incredibly small development teams. Even with the PS4 getting much more indie support, that's at least a ton more unique, innovative games. There's no reason to just mindlessly hate on indies.

Seems like your post has the more mindless thought of instantly showing a bias.
---
#10Lord_Ka1nPosted 8/3/2014 9:08:02 PM
I was tired of them from the start.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203