Anyone else tired of the Indie art style that use 8-bit?(Like Shovel Knight)

#21zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:22:59 PM(edited)
raddicuss posted...
Gamers owe it to themselves to be more in touch with game development... If you can't grasp the difference between four people making a game and a hundred, chances are you are out of touch with reality and need to realize that you don't have to buy an indie game. All you people want graphics and yet you could care less about what it takes to get them. An entitled mass of brats, I tell you.

Just don't buy the indie games. There are plenty of games for your types to play.

I want a game with pleasing art style and graphics wouldn't hurt but art style takes priority. Of course sense I'm tired of a certain style must mean I'm a entitled gotcha.

8-bit isn't that pleasing anymore. Not to me, and that is an opinion anyone can have as well. Doesn't make it entitled if their reasoning are just.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#22zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:24:39 PM
pwnater777 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
So you resort to posting this idiotic over generalization in a topic that showed none of the criteria you listed. Again you try to back pedal out now, so you have a certain group to rest your shoulders on as a defense, but in your initial post you clearly meant all of Xbox fans in general not just fanboys. Who fanboys and trolls out of both Sony, Nintendo, and MS opinions are all worthless. Just like yours will be if you keep on showing this over generalization.

Because you definitely knew what I was thinking about. If you can't even have a slight bit of a clue that maybe I was thinking about saying fanboys in the first place but felt like people would whine because of yet another use of that word, then clearly you need to work on being able to understand more than one perspective on things.

What you think, and what your posts say can be two different things. It's all about the execution of the post to have a valid point. To be clear as possible.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#23goatthiefPosted 8/3/2014 10:26:38 PM
Don't like it? Don't buy it. They are there for gaming hipsters, not you.
---
PSA: I do not steal goats from my friends. {WoT}
#24pwnater777Posted 8/3/2014 10:28:38 PM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
So you resort to posting this idiotic over generalization in a topic that showed none of the criteria you listed. Again you try to back pedal out now, so you have a certain group to rest your shoulders on as a defense, but in your initial post you clearly meant all of Xbox fans in general not just fanboys. Who fanboys and trolls out of both Sony, Nintendo, and MS opinions are all worthless. Just like yours will be if you keep on showing this over generalization.

Because you definitely knew what I was thinking about. If you can't even have a slight bit of a clue that maybe I was thinking about saying fanboys in the first place but felt like people would whine because of yet another use of that word, then clearly you need to work on being able to understand more than one perspective on things.

What you think, and what your posts say can be two different things. It's all about the execution of the post to have a valid point. To be clear as possible.

That's completely understandable and I can see how I'd appear to be backpedaling. Definitely not what I was intending for, and that all wasn't what I had expected to come out of that. Still, those are my viewpoints, but I know that while some hardcore Xbox One defenders may bash the PS4 for the indies, not all (like you) do. My apologies.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#25slippertailsPosted 8/3/2014 10:29:43 PM
A games graphics bares no reflection on whether its a fun game or not. Your a dumbass if you reject a game simply on the way it looks and u should be ashamed of yourself
---
gt : slippertails
psn: slippertails
#26scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 10:31:07 PM
Yes, defi-...

zerooo0 posted...
I wish we would get more indie games that resemble Dust an Elysian Tale, Valiant Hearts... or Mighty No.9.

You are dead to me. In the case of Dust, I'd rather gaming actually die than copy it. I mean that literally. If I had to choose between no new games or new games that look like Dust, I would choose no new games. That's worse than any 8-bit looking game ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#27zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:32:12 PM
slippertails posted...
A games graphics bares no reflection on whether its a fun game or not. Your a dumbass if you reject a game simply on the way it looks and u should be ashamed of yourself

I'm a dumbass for not buying games based on a dislike of an art style? Okay a little hostile much? So by that logic you should be giving Moba's, JRPG's, and FPS games like CoD every time they come out a try because it bares no reflection of the game. Your post is completely idiotic.
---
#28zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:34:44 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Yes, defi-...

zerooo0 posted...
I wish we would get more indie games that resemble Dust an Elysian Tale, Valiant Hearts... or Mighty No.9.

You are dead to me. In the case of Dust, I'd rather gaming actually die than copy it. I mean that literally. If I had to choose between no new games or new games that look like Dust, I would choose no new games. That's worse than any 8-bit looking game ever.

Sorry that you feel that way. Dust an Elysian Tale is a great achievement that is made by just one guy doing all the programing, and the art. Also Dust has a great art style which is an opinion. No idea for your dislike about it, and I couldn't care less why you dislike it.
---
#29Jedi454Posted 8/3/2014 10:36:14 PM
Yes, defi-...

zerooo0 posted...

Woah Scooby, Dust isn't that bad :/
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#30zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:38:01 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Yes, defi-...

zerooo0 posted...

Woah Scooby, Dust isn't that bad :/

It's normal for some people to have a rather hostile or too serious view of a different opinion, so it's of no offense. Although I wouldn't expect this much of a retaliation from scooby either he is tired or he has some serious beef against Dust.
---