Anyone else tired of the Indie art style that use 8-bit?(Like Shovel Knight)

#31Jedi454Posted 8/3/2014 9:38:59 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Yes, defi-...

zerooo0 posted...
I wish we would get more indie games that resemble Dust an Elysian Tale, Valiant Hearts... or Mighty No.9.

You are dead to me. In the case of Dust, I'd rather gaming actually die than copy it. I mean that literally. If I had to choose between no new games or new games that look like Dust, I would choose no new games. That's worse than any 8-bit looking game ever.

Woah Scooby, Dust isn't that bad :/

It's normal for some people to have a rather hostile or too serious view of a different opinion, so it's of no offense. Although I wouldn't expect this much of a retaliation from scooby either he is tired or he has some serious beef against Dust.

Dust slept with his girl friend.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#32aheroafakePosted 8/3/2014 9:53:09 PM
pwnater777 posted...
aheroafake posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Shovel Knight perfectly re-created the NES-era graphical limitations.

And seriously (like you'd expect out of Xbox fans), some people really unnecessarily bash and expect way too much from indies made my incredibly small development teams. Even with the PS4 getting much more indie support, that's at least a ton more unique, innovative games. There's no reason to just mindlessly hate on indies.

First off, not all Xbox fans are like that you tool. I'm actually glad there are 8-bit graphic style games. It's pretty neat and nostalgic.

I don't think that all Xbox fans are like that. Maybe I should've just said fanboys like I was expecting, but then everyone would get all up in arms about it.

zerooo0 posted...
Seems like your post has the more mindless thought of instantly showing a bias.

This is based on how much I've heard from Xbox fanboys idiotically calling the PS4 an "indie console" or any phrase like that. It really sounds like so many Xbox fanboys want to use the fact that the PS4 is getting more indie games as a reason to bash the console, when that doesn't even make sense at all.

I do think you should've been more specific.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#33scoobydoobydontPosted 8/3/2014 10:08:42 PM
I apologize for being so shallow and making such absolute statements in a topic dedicated to whining about a style of graphics. Is there a course or pamphlet I can read so I know the correct way to whine?
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#34zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 8:37:41 AM
I apologize for being so shallow and making such absolute statements in a topic dedicated to whining about a style of graphics. Is there a course or pamphlet I can read so I know the correct way to whine?

You do know that this is more of a topic about criticism than whining right?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#35Reece504Posted 8/4/2014 8:47:01 AM
I'm just sick of the 8bit games indies are cashing in on nostalgia. Super time force and bro force are both at it's core contra clones. Shovel knight is megaman ish I can go on and on. Especially with the platformers some let you rewind some let you jump from background to foreground but they are still very similar. I don't see how these games are innovative and this highly praised. Same with journey it got goty and all these awards I played it to see what all the hype was about and it was just an ok game the interaction wasn't even all that great in the game at all. Games also don't have to suck you in with nostalgia graphics to be good outlast had some of the best scares which had been missing since dead space but it doesn't look like duck hunt.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#36Exodus_PrimePosted 8/4/2014 8:51:19 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Yes, defi-...

zerooo0 posted...
I wish we would get more indie games that resemble Dust an Elysian Tale, Valiant Hearts... or Mighty No.9.

You are dead to me. In the case of Dust, I'd rather gaming actually die than copy it. I mean that literally. If I had to choose between no new games or new games that look like Dust, I would choose no new games. That's worse than any 8-bit looking game ever.

Sorry that you feel that way. Dust an Elysian Tale is a great achievement that is made by just one guy doing all the programing, and the art. Also Dust has a great art style which is an opinion. No idea for your dislike about it, and I couldn't care less why you dislike it.

Whoa just one guy? really? my respect for that game just went up a notch.

On topic, yeah it seems the industry is going ass backwards with the old school pixel look and the "oh look indie games looking like old school games is in now"

Love the Castle Crashers art style.

---
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#37scoobydoobydontPosted 8/4/2014 10:26:24 AM
zerooo0 posted...

You do know that this is more of a topic about criticism than whining right?

I know nothing!

I know everything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#38Rizzman111Posted 8/4/2014 10:30:22 AM
That's pretty much every free ps plus game
---
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.
#39ViewtifulSchmoePosted 8/4/2014 10:32:41 AM
We seem to be getting saturated with it. It's starting to feel like overkill to me.
---
If it ain't broke.......break it!
#40gohoanqPosted 8/4/2014 10:35:48 AM
I'm not tired of it.. but I agree that we should be seeing more types of art styles when it comes to indie games. Also TC, Valiant Hearts and Rayman Legends are from Ubisoft.. that's not an indie studio. I'm more tired of people not knowing what indie games are xD
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.