no offense, but what do you feel when people call this xbone?

#111PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 8/4/2014 9:17:07 AM
Reece504 posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
I think of the xbox one, because that's what "xbone" refers to.

If you have any emotions from hearing "xbone" - get a life. The only reason people even say it is because "xbox one" is in the top three stupidest console names of all time (imo its the worst, hell at least "wonder swan" has an animal and wonder in it, "xbox one" makes zero sense any way you look at it).

It doesn't have to be this way, you know. Just embrace the nickname and things will be fine. It's not even a derogatory name, it's just easier to say. When you get angry over it, it's completely misplaced and unnecessary. I don't waaaant to say it's pathetic, but it's kind of the only word I can think of.

I think they chose one for all in one same as wii u u being for united (family console)

Lol, I was hoping no one would point that out..... I know they wanted the xbox one the be "the one" thing you need for entertainment. But calling something by the number one is idiotic too (didn't want to get into this).

All I think of when referring to it as the one, is that it's more like a number 2.... and I don't even care about the console. That's just how my minds logical progression works. Even if its awesome, I'd probably call it the s***box or big ol number deuce when its being slow or doing things I dislike, which it no doubt will because it's technology. I should add, I don't own one I just see my friends' one in action.

Meh, I get what they were going for.... I was just sweeping it under the door to make a point. It is still stupid even when discussing the "why" behind the naming, imo.

Hence, xbone. It sounds 100x better imo.

Sidenote.... I call the Wii U "The ambulance" cuz' weeee yooo weeee yoooo weeee yoooo

Seriously, do they let neo-yuppie douchebags name these things or what?
---
http://tinyurl.com/myofwa4 - Played Mystical Ninja 64? Click this.
The only games I want in the near future: Dark Souls II, Bravely Default, Fallout 4
#112spooky96Posted 8/4/2014 9:18:12 AM
uhh don't give a s*** just like how a good/normal 17 year old should?
#113jellybeanmasterPosted 8/4/2014 9:30:08 AM
I take the simple route and just call it Xbox. The other two systems are irrelevant now in MS eyes anyway.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#114TBONE_OGPosted 8/4/2014 9:58:53 AM(edited)
SupaflyGibson posted...
User Name lolamericans
User ID 6714472
Board User Level 5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.
Account Created Sunday, January 6, 2013 10:12 PM
Last Visit Monday, August 4, 2014 4:58 AM
Signature http://i.imgur.com/Rx7e2n4.jpg
Karma 308
Active Messages Posted 88

And what is up with your username?

Exactly.

Resident Weevil posted...
Well loleurope

My guess as well.

kilaude posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
I have no feels.

And btw, my Xbox One is named XBONE.

I actually take offense to your user name ever so slightly. Please be a doll and share your home of origin so we can all have a good laugh as well.

Lol, right?

Pretty sure your home of origin isn't also America (USA), unless you are a descendant of na Indian Tribe.

Well look at the smart-ass here. Nope, not a Native American "Indian."

However, MY home of origin is North America (US), you know -- where I was born. It's not my entire family's home of origin (even though considering a lot of my ancestors where born and lived in the US for centuries), but it is in fact my own, personal origin.

Perhaps you would have preferred I said, "Where you from, girl?"
---
Always O.G.
#115savagechild89Posted 8/4/2014 10:20:00 AM
xbone is just the easiest thing to call it (besides xbox of course) imo. i personally call it the x1 but thats also the name of that comcast thing so im a little torn there lol

but seriously....who cares? never understood why people get all up in arms over what people call something.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, XBL: Littleraven89 (inactive), 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#116GeitPosted 8/4/2014 10:22:29 AM
I like it. Microsoft really should have realized that's what a lot of people would call it, especially considering their demographics.
---
I will set the ocean on fire.
#117CheIseaGrinPosted 8/4/2014 10:40:01 AM
all names are pathetic. ps, xbox, nintendo, and pc. people on all these boards that use them need to grow up and stop acting like little 12 year old children.
---
3DS Friend Code - 2638-1750-4284
Xbox - LvL 94 Gyarados
#118rockingalanPosted 8/4/2014 10:51:45 AM
a little anger
---
Nothing is certain, everything is permitted
FC: 0232-8853-1864
#119MertensCWPosted 8/4/2014 11:02:11 AM
I feel nothing.

Also the only true usage of lol before anything is lolmets and lolknicks.
That's a known fact. Any other use is foolish and a sad pathetic immitation.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#120Draconian-WhitePosted 8/4/2014 11:06:21 AM
What do I feel? Nothing.

It's just another nonsensical term and clichéd internet circle meme (which the media virus also perpetuates) that bounces off me, and I go about business as usual. Fah.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]