no offense, but what do you feel when people call this xbone?

#31mjc0961Posted 8/4/2014 12:45:43 AM
Microsoft brought Xbone upon themselves with the stupid name that means we now have to say "Original Xbox" instead of "Xbox 1" whenever we talk about the first Xbox. They aren't even holding up to their original goal of the Xbone being the all in one entertainment device for your living room (not that it ever was going to seeing as you need to plug in a cable box, meaning you already need two devices), so the name "Xbox One" makes even less sense than ever.

I do feel pity for people who get butthurt over a nickname though. Microsoft picked a bad name and they received a nickname fitting or that. Deal with it.

MicrosoftLover posted...
It's disrespectful.

You don't call George Washington the G-Wash and you don't call the greatest console ever made the Xbone.

Nope, you call it the PlayStation 2. Or maybe the SNES. I can't decide. But you definitely don't call it Xbox anything.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#32xXVongolaRebornPosted 8/4/2014 12:47:25 AM
slowdog76 posted...
nableet posted...
slowdog76 posted...
why havent i put MSlover on ignore yet?

on topic. i dont really think anything per se. my general, over-riding opinion of all nicknames of this fashion in general, and those that purport to use them is that they tend to be used by those of a lower IQ and they use them mainly because they struggle to find a way to articulate their thoughts and feelings without using them

How very pretentious.

Do you know what I think of people that change their writing style and add in some flowery vocabulary when calling a group of people stupid? I think they have a low IQ and low self esteem.

i didnt explain myself sufficiently.

i didnt call a group of people stupid, merely individuals. I also didn't say that I was correct in that assumption or opinion. I know 100% that I cannot form an accurate assessment of anyone off a few random derogatory terms. It is my knee-jerk, subconscious, i dont know....reaction i guess, to seeing those words. Mainly because in a good number of instances that those words are used, they are used by trolls.

I haven't changed my writing style.

What is up with your capitalization?
---
PSN = xXGearSecond XBL= ILNI x iGear II
Steam = Dai-Gurren
#33mjc0961Posted 8/4/2014 12:48:18 AM
Vamar posted...
I feel that they're idiots and not worth my time.

slowdog76 posted...
nableet posted...
slowdog76 posted...

on topic. i dont really think anything per se. my general, over-riding opinion of all nicknames of this fashion in general, and those that purport to use them is that they tend to be used by those of a lower IQ and they use them mainly because they struggle to find a way to articulate their thoughts and feelings without using them

How very pretentious.

Do you know what I think of people that change their writing style and add in some flowery vocabulary when calling a group of people stupid? I think they have a low IQ and low self esteem.

i didnt call a group of people stupid, merely individuals. I also didn't say that I was correct in that assumption or opinion. I know 100% that I cannot form an accurate assessment of anyone off a few random derogatory terms. It is my knee-jerk, subconscious, i dont know....reaction i guess, to seeing those words. Mainly because in a good number of instances that those words are used, they are used by trolls.

See, look at all this butthurt. You lads might want to see a doctor about that. When you get back home you can play Xbone for an hour before having to go to beddy-byes, you have school tomorrow.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#34slowdog76Posted 8/4/2014 12:52:16 AM
xXVongolaReborn posted...
slowdog76 posted...
nableet posted...
slowdog76 posted...

How very pretentious.

What is up with your capitalization?

lol. Don't say that. Half the time I'm doing something else whilst messing around on here and typing one handed. Then I come back and look at what I've wrote and shudder at the missed capitals, syntax and general grammar faux pas'.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#35slowdog76Posted 8/4/2014 12:55:33 AM
mjc0961 posted...
See, look at all this butthurt. You lads might want to see a doctor about that. When you get back home you can play Xbone for an hour before having to go to beddy-byes, you have school tomorrow.

Well, seeing as how I have been called pretentious today, I feel I'm within my rights to call you condescending.

And, fyi, if I, or anyone, was indeed "butthurt", you would be better going to see a Proctologist rather than a run of the mill doctor.

Also, get back home? That would imply I'm going somewhere today. Oh goody. You taking me to the zoo?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#36Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/4/2014 12:55:36 AM
Xbone reads like the typist is too damn lazy to separate words.

Xbot reads like a fanboy's insult. I've never been called an Xbot, fanboy yes, but never a xbot. Even if I were called it, it wouldn't matter. Mostly because it'd come across as a fanboy grasping at straws for insults, seeing as I PC game, have owned all Playstation consoles up to the PS4, an owned a good chunk of Nintendo hardware, I just prefer the Xbox crowd. They're just more fun and down to earth.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#37blacklabelicePosted 8/4/2014 12:59:51 AM
doesnt bother me. i actually think that the term xbone has a nice ring to it.

i dont like the name xbox one anyways. feels too out of place, and i already have 2 other xboxes anyways.

xb1 or xbone. whatever saves time when im typing it out in every other paragraph or whatever.

though i dont think me or my friends have ever used that term much in casual conversation. its always just xbox.
#38Cyanide_MuffinPosted 8/4/2014 1:03:44 AM
I do not own an XboxOne, and have never been called an Xbot.
I like Xbone because it makes me think of the dog Wishbone. Xbot makes me assume that people believe those that play Xbox are either Cyborgs or Androids who got their cybernetic parts from Microsoft.
---
3DS FC: 3265-6137-5255
#39VeluxierPosted 8/4/2014 1:07:25 AM
I like it. Because bones are a vital part of ones body :3
---
Now Playing: TLoZ: Wind Waker HD. Mario Kart 8.
XBL GT: Veluxier
#40ck920Posted 8/4/2014 1:18:21 AM(edited)
Rafficus_III posted...
Xbone reads like the typist is too damn lazy to separate words.

Xbot reads like a fanboy's insult. I've never been called an Xbot, fanboy yes, but never a xbot. Even if I were called it, it wouldn't matter. Mostly because it'd come across as a fanboy grasping at straws for insults, seeing as I PC game, have owned all Playstation consoles up to the PS4, an owned a good chunk of Nintendo hardware, I just prefer the Xbox crowd. They're just more fun and down to earth.

---
PS3 and Vita: ck920_muffins -- 3DS: 1263-6655-1676, Pokemon Y
Platforms: PS3, PS2, Vita, PSP, Wii(BC), 3DS, DS, GBA, GBC, PC