no offense, but what do you feel when people call this xbone?

#41Homie_202Posted 8/4/2014 2:19:01 AM(edited)
Well nobody calls me an xbot. I get called Sony pony a lot because xbox fanboys can't take any criticism of their console of choice. I don't take offense to it it just sounds really REALLY stupid and I feel bad for anyone who actually says it. But I'm not a fanboy of either console I own both consoles. And as for the xbone I feel the exact same as I did before someone called it the xbone which is nothing.
#42blacklabelicePosted 8/4/2014 2:15:59 AM
the bone has a nice ring to it as well.
#43Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/4/2014 2:42:09 AM
ck920 posted...
Rafficus_III posted...
Xbone reads like the typist is too damn lazy to separate words.

Xbot reads like a fanboy's insult. I've never been called an Xbot, fanboy yes, but never a xbot. Even if I were called it, it wouldn't matter. Mostly because it'd come across as a fanboy grasping at straws for insults, seeing as I PC game, have owned all Playstation consoles up to the PS4, an owned a good chunk of Nintendo hardware, I just prefer the Xbox crowd. They're just more fun and down to earth.

Oh. Wow. Shocking. Life continues.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#44BAEx10Posted 8/4/2014 2:42:56 AM
Never once heard or seen anyone call it bone or someone be called xbot...
#45IzunaDrop1990Posted 8/4/2014 2:45:30 AM
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I love the Xbox one and nothings gonna change that.
---
Perhaps...I am a ghost?
Zelda, greatest franchise bar none.
#46aixx114Posted 8/4/2014 2:52:21 AM
Hmm I thought Xbone was just a simpler way of calling it. Why is it supposed to be disrespectuful?

You don't call George Washington the G-Wash

God, it sounds like it'd be a washing machine from one of those 3am ads. So amazing D;
#47leelee3105Posted 8/4/2014 2:54:44 AM
I like to call it the PSpoor, because a lot of people on welfare have them
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#48mecha_no_maniacPosted 8/4/2014 2:54:48 AM
Sony Pony is just childish and pointless. Xbone on the other hand, I don't see it as derogatory by default. It shortens the name "Xbox One" into a more compact form and also makes it easier to differentiate it from the very first Xbox. And it doesn't even sound that bad, in my opinion.

Even if the original plans for the Xbox One hadn't been so poorly received, I still get the feeling that the term "Xbone" would have been created either way. Who knows, if Microsoft hadn't tried all that BS with the used games, the nickname Xbone would probably be used in a more friendly manner.
---
"The red carpet has teeth." ~ Auron (Final Fantasy X)
#49DarkFire_52ndPosted 8/4/2014 2:56:42 AM
Even if I liked the system I'd still call it an XBone. I mean if you're unwilling make fun of a console you like for something silly like this then you're taking something too seriously.

Xbot (and pony/drone) are stupid, generalizing and usually hypocritical words that tend to reduce the perceived legitimacy of the argument of the person saying them. If they have a legitimate point to make about the poorly justified actions and opinions of biased fans of a specific company, actually make that point instead of hiding behind an insult.
#50MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/4/2014 3:03:32 AM
What do I think? I think they're being petulant children.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."