Xbox One is the only current gen console that cant play games from the prior gen

#1PhaseBlackPosted 8/4/2014 7:33:19 AM
Wii U can play Wii discs, PS4 just got PlayStation Now in open beta status which made more than 100 PS3 games playable on it, but the Xbox One..... well it can't play 360 games in any way.

This to me is a huge issue and Microsoft should address how they plan to make 360 games playable on Xbox One. PS Now's streaming works great, they should follow that form of playing last gen games
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2The_Hitman_UKPosted 8/4/2014 7:36:16 AM(edited)
Okay

Why not just keep your 360? Or did you sell it to buy a One, lol.
---
Don't care for resolution and solid 30 fps is fine.
worshipping pieces of plastic lol
#3ChiliPupPosted 8/4/2014 7:36:03 AM
I'm sure it's coming in some way. MS wouldn't dare allow Sony to beat them at something else.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#4Jedi454Posted 8/4/2014 7:37:13 AM
'Huge Issue', looks at my Xbox 360. Not really.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#5MUG_MURDERPosted 8/4/2014 7:44:03 AM
No thanks PSnow is horrible, why would i waste 5 or 6 dollars to rent a game for a few hours when 90% of the games i can buy used for around the same price and play on my 360.
---
Gt: MUG MURDER
#6dnmtPosted 8/4/2014 7:46:07 AM
MUG_MURDER posted...
No thanks PSnow is horrible, why would i waste 5 or 6 dollars to rent a game for a few hours when 90% of the games i can buy used for around the same price and play on my 360.

That's why it's in beta. The pricing model will definitely change for the better.
#7PizzatarianPosted 8/4/2014 7:51:32 AM(edited)
Microsoft has already demonstrated that they could do it by streaming Halo 4 to a Windows phone.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774418/microsoft-demonstrates-halo-4-streaming-from-the-cloud-to-windows-and

They are just want to make sure that this type of service is worth, which can be seen in this interview with Albert Penello:

The Xbox One taps into the power of the cloud quite a bit. We're seeing one of your competitors, Sony, doing backwards compatibility through streaming. Does the cloud-powered nature of the Xbox One leave it open for things to change in the future for something like that?

Yeah, absolutely. That's one of the things that makes [the cloud] at the same time both totally interesting and hard to describe to people. Because what the cloud can do is sort of hard to pin. When you say to the customer, we want the box to be connected, we want developers to know that the cloud is there. Were really not trying to make up some phony thing. But there are so many things that the servers can do. Using our Azure cloud servers, sometimes its things like voice processing. It could be more complicated things like rendering full games like a Gaikai and delivering it to the box. We just have to figure out how, over time, how much does that cost to deliver, how good is the experience.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talks-digital-only-future-kinect-and-why-xbox-one-is-worth-100-more-than-playstation-4/1100-6413920/
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#8TrueBlue91Posted 8/4/2014 7:54:49 AM
If Sony is ripping people off with PS Now (and they REALLY REALLY are), can you imagine what diabolical atrocity M$ will cook up?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9VoidBeyondPosted 8/4/2014 7:58:02 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
If Sony is ripping people off with PS Now (and they REALLY REALLY are), can you imagine what diabolical atrocity M$ will cook up?

Probably a subscription based thing so we don't pay ridiculous amounts of money to play a game for four hours.

Also this

Pizzatarian posted...
Microsoft has already demonstrated that they could do it by streaming Halo 4 to a Windows phone.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774418/microsoft-demonstrates-halo-4-streaming-from-the-cloud-to-windows-and

They are just want to make sure that this type of service is worth, which can be seen in this interview with Albert Penello:

The Xbox One taps into the power of the cloud quite a bit. We're seeing one of your competitors, Sony, doing backwards compatibility through streaming. Does the cloud-powered nature of the Xbox One leave it open for things to change in the future for something like that?

Yeah, absolutely. That's one of the things that makes [the cloud] at the same time both totally interesting and hard to describe to people. Because what the cloud can do is sort of hard to pin. When you say to the customer, we want the box to be connected, we want developers to know that the cloud is there. Were really not trying to make up some phony thing. But there are so many things that the servers can do. Using our Azure cloud servers, sometimes its things like voice processing. It could be more complicated things like rendering full games like a Gaikai and delivering it to the box. We just have to figure out how, over time, how much does that cost to deliver, how good is the experience.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talks-digital-only-future-kinect-and-why-xbox-one-is-worth-100-more-than-playstation-4/1100-6413920/

---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#10dnmtPosted 8/4/2014 7:59:40 AM
So we've proven MS can do it, good job. Will they actually pull it off in a way that doesn't scream money grab, if at all?