Xbox One is the only current gen console that cant play games from the prior gen

#21EllesarienPosted 8/4/2014 8:28:47 AM
dnmt posted...
MUG_MURDER posted...
No thanks PSnow is horrible, why would i waste 5 or 6 dollars to rent a game for a few hours when 90% of the games i can buy used for around the same price and play on my 360.

That's why it's in beta. The pricing model will definitely change for the better.

Two for-profit companies :

EA Beta : "They are just going to raise the pricing and just screw over customers. This is HORRIBLE for gaming!!"

PSnow Beta : "They are going to keep lowering pricing and make it a much better deal for customers. This is the FUTURE of gaming!!"

This board rocks.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22mygoodluckcharmPosted 8/4/2014 8:36:04 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
There is no problem with systems not being BC, and the Ps4 isnt either, no, renting games for streaming is not the same as being BC.... its a service.

If it bothers you the choice is to either not get the newest "non BC system" or to get it and keep the old one.

This. PS4 can't play my already purchased PS2 or PS1 games so no, it can't play "prior gen". Also streaming it =/= playing it. It's not your PS4 that run the games, it's only act as a hub to pass your input to other machine that runs it.
#23Infinite 2003Posted 8/4/2014 8:36:26 AM
Ellesarien posted...
dnmt posted...
MUG_MURDER posted...
No thanks PSnow is horrible, why would i waste 5 or 6 dollars to rent a game for a few hours when 90% of the games i can buy used for around the same price and play on my 360.

That's why it's in beta. The pricing model will definitely change for the better.

EA Beta : "They are just going to raise the pricing and just screw over customers. This is HORRIBLE for gaming!!"

PSnow Beta : "They are going to keep lowering pricing and make it a much better deal for customers. This is the FUTURE of gaming!!"

This board rocks.

Just your everyday run of the mill bias and hypocrisy from Sony fanboys. You should be used to it by now.
---
I hate popular stuff, and that makes me really, really cool.
#24BIIGDIIRTYPosted 8/4/2014 8:39:38 AM
that's what your 360's for i didn't buy a xbox one so i could play my 360 games on it i bought it to play xbox one games
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings
#25DudeBox36OPosted 8/4/2014 8:44:46 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Wii U can play Wii discs, PS4 just got PlayStation Now in open beta status which made more than 100 PS3 games playable on it, but the Xbox One..... well it can't play 360 games in any way.

This to me is a huge issue and Microsoft should address how they plan to make 360 games playable on Xbox One. PS Now's streaming works great, they should follow that form of playing last gen games

PSNow - good concept, POORLY executed. The fact that can't flat out buy games on there is stupid
#26dnmtPosted 8/4/2014 8:51:21 AM(edited)
Ellesarien posted...
dnmt posted...
MUG_MURDER posted...

This board rocks.

EA have already proven themselves to be the worst when it comes to nickel-and-diming their customers. As for Sony I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt after all the pro-consumer things they've done this gen and last and their very open communication with their fanbase.
#27ExempliGratiaPosted 8/4/2014 8:51:24 AM
If I wanted to play old games on my newer console it would have to be me being able to put my discs and play then. I dontvwantbto buy the same game I own again just to play it on a newer console.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#28PoloMan6Posted 8/4/2014 9:00:23 AM
I bet you've been anxiously waiting for this day, for 8 months!
#29Megamushroom666Posted 8/4/2014 9:10:22 AM
#dealwithit
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#30SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/4/2014 9:14:12 AM
Uh, my xbox 360 is in my HDMI IN slot on my Xbox One. So, yes, my Xbox One DOES play 360 games. And this is fine with me until they release another way. Whats your point?