Xbox One is the only current gen console that cant play games from the prior gen

#31ChiliPupPosted 8/4/2014 8:17:12 AM
Curious as to why the ability for a console to play older games was important on this board last gen... but now, it's no big deal. Lol, nevermind, we already know the answer.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#32SxmfctPosted 8/4/2014 8:18:07 AM
dnmt posted...
That's why it's in beta. The pricing model will definitely change for the better.

No that's just what sony had planned all along

They artificially hike up the prices so when people complain they can lower them and look like the "good guy" company that listens to its consumers

Blaming the high prices on "beta" is pure bulls***. Someone manually put the prices in, the system didn't automatically generate them because it's in "beta"
---
sigless user logic
#33dnmtPosted 8/4/2014 8:19:35 AM
Sxmfct posted...
dnmt posted...
That's why it's in beta. The pricing model will definitely change for the better.

They artificially hike up the prices so when people complain they can lower them and look like the "good guy" company that listens to its consumers

Blaming the high prices on "beta" is pure bulls***. Someone manually put the prices in, the system didn't automatically generate them because it's in "beta"

Hmmmmm, maybe you should wait until it's out of beta and the pricing model is finalized before going off on such a tangent.
#34SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/4/2014 8:20:15 AM
dnmt posted...
Sxmfct posted...
dnmt posted...

Hmmmmm, maybe you should wait until it's out of beta and the pricing model is finalized before going off on such a tangent.

They would have to be free to even compete with EA access.
RIp Sony.
#35dnmtPosted 8/4/2014 8:26:05 AM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
dnmt posted...
Sxmfct posted...
dnmt posted...

RIp Sony.

Yes, the PS4 will surely lose its 4+ mil lead now. Only a matter of time.
#36ExempliGratiaPosted 8/4/2014 8:32:21 AM
ChiliPup posted...
Curious as to why the ability for a console to play older games was important on this board last gen... but now, it's no big deal. Lol, nevermind, we already know the answer.

This board existed last gen? ;)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#37SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/4/2014 8:35:25 AM
dnmt posted...
dnmt posted...
Sxmfct posted...
dnmt posted...

RIp Sony.

Yes, the PS4 will surely lose its 4+ mil lead now. Only a matter of time.

BrB contacting Gamestop to see the amount of used Ps4's they have in stock.
No games=meaningless sales.
#38SigmaLongshotPosted 8/4/2014 8:37:34 AM
dnmt posted...
Sxmfct posted...
dnmt posted...

Hold the phone - so because Sony's enacted a questionable business model, it's shrewd to "wait and see", yet when Microsoft does, they're "done"? Surely you can see the incredible hypocrisy in that.

Now, I'm not saying you're WRONG - far from it - I'm sure even Sony know that fifty dollars to rent F1 2013 for PS3 is utterly absurd, and they'd do well to alter that. But when I've waded through quagmires of topics saying how Microsoft have sealed their fate and made their mistakes (and are immune to retribution) - that when Sony makes similar gaffes that they get to "wait and see"?

You know what I mean here, right?
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#39EllesarienPosted 8/4/2014 9:21:09 AM
"As for Sony I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt after all the pro-consumer things they've done this gen and last and their very open communication with their fanbase."

You can actually post that? I hope you were just having a fun little go there because anyone that actually believes that is beyond saving. Your rights to call anyone a shill or fanboy is now removed for all time with that pure company line.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#40ChiliPupPosted 8/4/2014 9:28:01 AM
No games=meaningless sales.

That's weird, since 94% of the games out right now are multi-plat, and PS4 plays a large amount of them at a higher framerate and resolution. But sure, I suppose you're right. No games.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]