Xbox One is the only current gen console that cant play games from the prior gen

#51Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/4/2014 1:39:22 PM(edited)
Microsoft has a console for people that want to play Xbox 360. Its called the Xbox 360. *smiles and motions both arms towards the Xbox 360*
---
hey foo
hey foo
#52duericPosted 8/4/2014 1:44:49 PM
No backwards compatibility is a big problem, IMO. But I'd rather have none than be expected to pay again.

Good news is, modern TVs and AV receivers have plenty of ways to connect multiple devices at once should the need arise.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#53Dark World RulerPosted 8/4/2014 6:21:20 PM
I personally love having the option to play PS3 games on PS4. Especially with the DualShock 4 controller
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#54PizzatarianPosted 8/4/2014 6:46:58 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Microsoft has a console for people that want to play Xbox 360. Its called the Xbox 360. *smiles and motions both arms towards the Xbox 360*

Don Mattrick, is that you?
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#55zzicezz21Posted 8/4/2014 7:04:51 PM
Streaming games is NOT the way to go, every day more and more ISP adopt the damn cap levels on your internet, do you have any idea how fast 300GB go by streaming HD video? Add gaming to that..... we are gonna need more holes so companies can F*@#K us without having to stand in line....
#56lunaticcorePosted 8/4/2014 7:07:29 PM
They still make you pay to stream games you already own, so it is closer to releasing the game on the new system then actually letting you play the games from last gen. The ultimate cash grab really.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#57vashkeyPosted 8/4/2014 7:09:35 PM
If I want to play 360 games I'll play with my 360. I didn't buy the Xbox One to play 360 games. And for a person like me PSN Now is a moronic service since I have a PS3 and can freely play my PS3 library whenever I like
#58daniel79Posted 8/4/2014 7:12:14 PM
dnmt posted...
So we've proven MS can do it, good job. Will they actually pull it off in a way that doesn't scream money grab, if at all?

EA can help. They're good. Its going to be an awsome ride (for your wallet)
#59zzicezz21Posted 8/4/2014 7:37:41 PM
daniel79 posted...
dnmt posted...
So we've proven MS can do it, good job. Will they actually pull it off in a way that doesn't scream money grab, if at all?

EA can help. They're good. Its going to be an awsome ride (for your wallet)

Regardless of is EA Access is good or bad, its not the same thing idk why people keep saying EA offers old games when they are all Xbox One titles and how old its the Xbox One ? And people keep thinking absolutes 30 dollars a year... I haven't play any of the games in the vault but I dont do sports games but right now I had nothing to play till Diablo 3 comes out so I joined in and for 4.99 I am playing battlefield 4 from MY console with my friend who also got it cause we are sharing our games, he likes sports games so hes playing 3 out of the four all for 4.99 you couldn't rent a movie for a month with that.

Here's the shocking part I hope people complaining are sitting down..... when I joined I canceled the auto renew so when the month its over I go back to NOT paying EA and playing Diablo 3 and if I ever hit another boring period 4.99 more....
#60DigitalIncisionPosted 8/4/2014 7:39:01 PM
i don't see how playstation now is even comparable given that you have to pay for the games again. Backwards compatibility is all about not paying for the games twice. otherwise, you could just go, you know, play my xbox 360.
---
Digi
Board 8 Late Night Crew [LNC]