Xbox One is the only current gen console that cant play games from the prior gen

#61XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/4/2014 8:39:42 PM
You would think in 2014 BC would be a piece of cake, but companies seem to be getting stuck on the issue. The only one who seems to have gotten it right somewhat is Nintendo.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#62plus1zeroPosted 8/4/2014 8:53:15 PM
Wii u BC is fine. PSNow is a joke
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#63youngskillzPosted 8/4/2014 9:20:07 PM
i have a 360 i don't need nor care for bc on the one, psnow is garbage.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#64loafy013Posted 8/4/2014 10:52:31 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
You would think in 2014 BC would be a piece of cake, but companies seem to be getting stuck on the issue. The only one who seems to have gotten it right somewhat is Nintendo.

Not when its completely different software running the system. How well does and old DOS game run on Windows 8? You could get it work with certain emulators, but its not an easy task.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#65MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/4/2014 10:57:35 PM
The_Hitman_UK posted...
Okay

Why not just keep your 360? Or did you sell it to buy a One, lol.

YEAH! Microsoft has already said they already make a product for people who like that stuff and it's called an Xbox 360!

But good luck trying have it play...

SUNSET OVERDRIVE! YES! BY ALL THAT IS GOOD, BABY!!!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#66Rdeal2Posted 8/5/2014 12:29:37 AM
allensdiner posted...
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
Uh, my xbox 360 is in my HDMI IN slot on my Xbox One. So, yes, my Xbox One DOES play 360 games. And this is fine with me until they release another way. Whats your point?

So that's your definition of backwards compatibility? ;)

Its no different than saying streaming a game is the same as the system playing it
#67Shadowfxd2Posted 8/5/2014 12:40:35 AM
No BC, no 1080p, what is the selling point?
#68Evel138Posted 8/5/2014 1:30:24 AM
Have you really come to tout PS Now? Because I have to tell you, the pricing model is extraordinarily stupid in that most of the 30/90 day rentals are priced above and beyond what you could buy the actual game for on PS3 disc.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#69miethaPosted 8/5/2014 2:42:00 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Would people stop with this "no 1080p" crap? It's flat out a lie. SOME games, S-O-M-E, aren't running at 1080p. Most are. Get over it. And if your "selling point" for a new system is that it can play old games...

And the PS4 DOES. NOT. HAVE. BACKWARDS. COMPATIBILITY. PS Now is the exact opposite of backwards compatibility. Backwards compatibility means it can RUN old games, not display a stream of them. Does this mean sony tv's, once they have PS now will be "backwards compatible"? Use a damn dictionary.
#70TheGam3925Posted 8/5/2014 3:18:18 AM
mietha posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Would people stop with this "no 1080p" crap? It's flat out a lie. SOME games, S-O-M-E, aren't running at 1080p. Most are. Get over it. And if your "selling point" for a new system is that it can play old games...

And the PS4 DOES. NOT. HAVE. BACKWARDS. COMPATIBILITY. PS Now is the exact opposite of backwards compatibility. Backwards compatibility means it can RUN old games, not display a stream of them. Does this mean sony tv's, once they have PS now will be "backwards compatible"? Use a damn dictionary.

It's the same as when Xbox fanboys say the PS4 has no games. Everyone knows it isn't true so there's no need to get butthurt over it.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.