Xbox One is the only current gen console that cant play games from the prior gen

#71mokmuudPosted 8/5/2014 4:23:05 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
dnmt posted...
Sxmfct posted...
dnmt posted...
That's why it's in beta. The pricing model will definitely change for the better.

No that's just what sony had planned all along

They artificially hike up the prices so when people complain they can lower them and look like the "good guy" company that listens to its consumers

Blaming the high prices on "beta" is pure bulls***. Someone manually put the prices in, the system didn't automatically generate them because it's in "beta"

Hmmmmm, maybe you should wait until it's out of beta and the pricing model is finalized before going off on such a tangent.

Hold the phone - so because Sony's enacted a questionable business model, it's shrewd to "wait and see", yet when Microsoft does, they're "done"? Surely you can see the incredible hypocrisy in that.

Now, I'm not saying you're WRONG - far from it - I'm sure even Sony know that fifty dollars to rent F1 2013 for PS3 is utterly absurd, and they'd do well to alter that. But when I've waded through quagmires of topics saying how Microsoft have sealed their fate and made their mistakes (and are immune to retribution) - that when Sony makes similar gaffes that they get to "wait and see"?

You know what I mean here, right?

Sony made a mistake by letting publishers set absurd prices on PSNow. They need to step in and do something about it. But as it stands now Sony says they have been letting the publishers set the prices.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#72XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/5/2014 10:37:15 AM
loafy013 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
You would think in 2014 BC would be a piece of cake, but companies seem to be getting stuck on the issue. The only one who seems to have gotten it right somewhat is Nintendo.

Not when its completely different software running the system. How well does and old DOS game run on Windows 8? You could get it work with certain emulators, but its not an easy task.

Many DOS games have been optimized to work on current windows with the help of sources such as Steam and GOG. Im pretty sure MS never even considered BC as an option which is a damn shame.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#73loafy013Posted 8/5/2014 6:42:40 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
loafy013 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
You would think in 2014 BC would be a piece of cake, but companies seem to be getting stuck on the issue. The only one who seems to have gotten it right somewhat is Nintendo.

Not when its completely different software running the system. How well does and old DOS game run on Windows 8? You could get it work with certain emulators, but its not an easy task.

Many DOS games have been optimized to work on current windows with the help of sources such as Steam and GOG. Im pretty sure MS never even considered BC as an option which is a damn shame.

Did they have to do that a single game at a time though? On current systems, I wouldn't say that is feasible. They would have to come up with something that let you put the disc in the drive and it would be good to go.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#74mokmuudPosted 8/5/2014 6:46:20 PM
DigitalIncision posted...
i don't see how playstation now is even comparable given that you have to pay for the games again. Backwards compatibility is all about not paying for the games twice. otherwise, you could just go, you know, play my xbox 360.

I agree. WiiU is the only current gen home console with backwards compatibility.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539