Saves Games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Saves Games
1 year ago#1
if you don't have the game how do you check for save games ?
1 year ago#2
Not sure but if your online I think most game saves go to the cloud.
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
1 year ago#3
This is one of, if not the dumbest, mistake with the Xbox One UI. It's crazy that you can't view or manage game saves without the game disc.

Even if you DO have the disc I'm assuming the game also has to be installed.

When wanting to uninstall a game the system is less than clear what you are deleting and what you are saving. I borrowed Ryse from a friend and have since returned it and thought I might buy it myself if I see it for a reasonable price, but I have no idea if my save data is still there or magically floating in the cloud. When I selected uninstall all...did all mean my game saves also? Did it mean from my system and the cloud? No one knows without having the disc and reinstalling the game. Ridicules!

There is no excuse for me to now see every single bit of data on my hard drive. Even the earliest of disc based games systems would let you manage your save data where the Xbox One will not.
1 year ago#4
DugFreez posted...
When I selected uninstall all...did all mean my game saves also? Did it mean from my system and the cloud?

There is no excuse for me to now see every single bit of data on my hard drive. Even the earliest of disc based games systems would let you manage your save data where the Xbox One will not.

Every single save game will have a local copy of it, and a copy on the cloud. When deleting all data, you're deleting your local data. Your cloud copy will always be there. You will never run out of space on the cloud, as you have infinite storage there.

Microsoft's excuse is "streamlining". Same thing with Windows 8, they take away as much as they can in order to make the experience less cumbersome and frees up more space to show more information while trying to keep it as clean as possible. While it does make some things harder to understand, after you understand it it does become a bit easier.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Saves Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived