Do you like realism in your video games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you like realism in your video games?
1 year ago#1
yes or no - Results (118 votes)
22.88% (27 votes)
18.64% (22 votes)
only when it's done right
58.47% (69 votes)
This poll is now closed.
me and my little had an argument over this regarding whether realism should exist, even if it means poor balancing in a game
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
1 year ago#2
If it severely affects the fun factor then no. Just look at GTA IV.
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
1 year ago#3
I vote for, "depends on the game".
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | |
1 year ago#4
I like the characters to look real, not somethings in gameplay. Meaning, I suffer from a disorder, I don't like war movies or realistic war shooters. Those types of things, so yes and no, I suppose.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
1 year ago#5
It depends on whether or not it fits the creator's vision. Realism should never be added for the sake of realism. That goes for any art style.
GT: Frightbeard.
1 year ago#6
Only if It's done right..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
1 year ago#7
Depends on the game but in general no. I play games for mind opening experiences....realism is just boring 9/10 times.
1 year ago#8
If it's done right, sure. If it tries so hard to be 'realistic' that it ruins the game then no.
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
1 year ago#9
Just depends on the type of game.
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
1 year ago#10
Depends on the game, but I generally prefer graphics specifically veer towards more realistic and darker rather than less realistic and lighter. Unless it's a mascot platformer or JSR. Mechanics? It depends on implementation. In theory I do want a single bullet fired at a specific part of the body (for example) to cause damage to that specific part of the body, and to impede you realistically. In theory I think hunger, sleep, etc should factor into a game like Elders Scrolls or GTA. But in theory doesn't always work out well.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you like realism in your video games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived