Do you like realism in your video games?

#11thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 2:53:22 PM
In pokemon gen 1, wrap, bind, and fire spin prevent you from doing anything. My little brother likes this b/c it's realistic, but it's beyond cheap
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#12regsantotomasPosted 8/4/2014 2:56:31 PM
Depends on the game.

There is also a delicate balance by implementing realism and keeping the game fun with applicable game mechanics.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#13NeoMonkPosted 8/4/2014 2:57:34 PM
Depends...
I DON'T LIKE the last of us Idea that lil ammo and materials & "dramatic action"...NO
Gimme inf ammo and let me deal with the game as I choose...
Then again I'm a huge RPG player and I know how some games try to limit you from being OP'd
So you're leaving a trail of blood thru out the whole game so u remember how hard it was...
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#14duericPosted 8/4/2014 3:00:52 PM
I voted no. I like my games to be games.

Every now and then a great experience based on reality comes along, like LA Noire or The Last of Us. But they're generally such bad videogames in the traditional sense, that you play them once and forget about them.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15BalisticWarri0rPosted 8/4/2014 4:00:35 PM
Only when it's done right.

I prefer FPSs when they are realistic. Like the old ghost recon and rainbow six series. Although I do enjoy games like Halo and Gears, military shooters that add realism tend to be my favorite.
#16Hucast9Posted 8/4/2014 4:02:51 PM
I voted yes because I prefer realistic style grahics rather than cel shaded.
#17thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 4:18:42 PM
Hucast9 posted...
I voted yes because I prefer realistic style grahics rather than cel shaded.

OH CRAP, i should've been more specific. i meant realism in gameplay, not graphics
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#18dominicakadcPosted 8/4/2014 7:14:15 PM
I like the graphics to look close to realistic, but the things you can do in a game I don't want to be realistic because I mean otherwise I could just do it in real life.
#19kungfuj0Posted 8/4/2014 8:47:36 PM
There should be either a "sometimes" or "depends on the game" option.

Some games I want to be more realistic. Others, I just play for the fun of them.

I love Forza because of its in-depth physics and whatnot. I didn't like the original Forza Horizon because it wasn't as in-depth as regular Forza is.

By the same token, a game I could really go for right now is a good, old-fashioned arcade boxing game that plays like a Rocky movie! It doesn't have to be all technical and whatnot. I just want to be able to mash buttons and beat people senseless!

So, it just depends on the game. Some games (like Forza), I expect and want realism from. Other games I am fine with them being less realistic.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#20MertensCWPosted 8/4/2014 8:54:00 PM
aj4x94 posted...
If it severely affects the fun factor then no. Just look at GTA IV.

No better example than that.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.