Do you like realism in your video games?

#21Mr_StarchPosted 8/4/2014 9:55:16 PM
Bloodier the better
---
GT Dr Acti0n PhD
#22MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/4/2014 9:58:10 PM
TC, if you're speaking about Ryse then... YEAH! Realism is awesome! And it's better than Infamous SS!

TC, if you're talking about Sunset Overdrive(Ya baby) then... HECK NO! I like tongue in cheek ricocheted back to tongue and back to cheek comedy. As I get older I find it to be exactly what a game should be! Running around with a gun that shoots the .50 orange soda bottles that have been proven to reduce the count of swimmers guys have! I want to hug the rail endlessly shooting zombies with 7 of my friends like, "TOTES MAGOTES!" I want to shoot a gun that shoots fireworks! And another that shoots hamsters in their Rollie balls! Because in Borderlands 2 when you got that gun that shoots swords and explodes it was halirious! And having MANY gimmick guns like that won't be stale but have the same initial effect that that Borderlands gun did Every... Single... Time!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#23Mandrew257Posted 8/4/2014 10:07:26 PM
No! That's why I will always love Nintendo and SEGA games. Playstation I used to love back in the PS1/PS2 era, but there too focused on making interactive movies instead of games now(Beyond, TLOU, Heavy Rain, The Order, etc.) The only time I enjoy realism is in sports games.
---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)
#24swatkiller546Posted 8/4/2014 10:49:22 PM
I do like realism like gta5 except the cops being on your ass for just punching someone. That can get a little too realistic and just takes the fun out of the game and how fast u die that can get annoying; it's not arma u know.

I like the physics in Max Payne 3 it's done perfectly.
---
"Get down on your knees and cry!"
#25thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 10:20:52 AM
MicrosoftLover posted...
TC, if you're speaking about Ryse then... YEAH! Realism is awesome! And it's better than Infamous SS!

TC, if you're talking about Sunset Overdrive(Ya baby) then... HECK NO! I like tongue in cheek ricocheted back to tongue and back to cheek comedy. As I get older I find it to be exactly what a game should be! Running around with a gun that shoots the .50 orange soda bottles that have been proven to reduce the count of swimmers guys have! I want to hug the rail endlessly shooting zombies with 7 of my friends like, "TOTES MAGOTES!" I want to shoot a gun that shoots fireworks! And another that shoots hamsters in their Rollie balls! Because in Borderlands 2 when you got that gun that shoots swords and explodes it was halirious! And having MANY gimmick guns like that won't be stale but have the same initial effect that that Borderlands gun did Every... Single... Time!

i was talking about realism in gameplay in general, regardless of the console
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#26ChiliPupPosted 8/8/2014 10:26:08 AM(edited)
Sometimes it's the little realistic things that make me say "Wow!" For instance, when I first bought Far Cry 2 (not the greatest game, I know), I was driving somewhere and pulled out the map for the first time. The game didn't pause and pull up a map screen. My character pulled out a folded map, unfolded it, and looked down at it, while continuing to drive. I could tilt my head up and down, from the road to the map and back, at will.

Little realistic things like that become memorable for me. They're not necessary, per se, but I remember them nonetheless :)

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]