Titanfall Hits 2 Million Sold on Xbox One, 3 Million Combined

#81MetroidFan9999Posted 8/5/2014 7:49:51 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
You miss the entire point I feel.

VGchartz make up the figures they report on, that much is known. Whether they are making up figures for bundles or standalone games is moot, as they are still made up numbers.

People put their faith into the NPD numbers instead, despite them not tracking digital sales of games (or the download codes in bundles, as hardware is tracked separately, and there is no way to track whether an X1 was sold as a Titanfall bundle or a bundle with another game, as its still 1 console sale. NPD also only track sales from 65% of US retailers, so their numbers are also inaccurate.

So youre arguing the validity of made up numbers against other slightly less made up numbers, neither of which is fully tracking the game that you are attempting to downplay.

GGs I guess.

No, what I'm doing is going by what this article claims. You can't have it both ways. Either you accept this 2 million along with the aspect that it includes digital bundles, or you go by NPD, which is less than 2 million.

This topic is about a VGchartz article, is it not?
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#82Rancid_SkankPosted 8/5/2014 7:54:20 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

VGchartz make up the figures they report on, that much is known. Whether they are making up figures for bundles or standalone games is moot, as they are still made up numbers.

People put their faith into the NPD numbers instead, despite them not tracking digital sales of games (or the download codes in bundles, as hardware is tracked separately, and there is no way to track whether an X1 was sold as a Titanfall bundle or a bundle with another game, as its still 1 console sale. NPD also only track sales from 65% of US retailers, so their numbers are also inaccurate.

So youre arguing the validity of made up numbers against other slightly less made up numbers, neither of which is fully tracking the game that you are attempting to downplay.

GGs I guess.

No, what I'm doing is going by what this article claims. You can't have it both ways. Either you accept this 2 million along with the aspect that it includes digital bundles, or you go by NPD, which is less than 2 million.

The article doesn't mention digital sales. So you're not going off what the article says, you are actually making statements based on what you believe and passing it off as fact in an attempt to downplay made up sales figures on an unreliable site.

I'm still waiting for that source that proves digital game sales are tracked in the same way physical game sales are.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#83MetroidFan9999Posted 8/5/2014 7:55:46 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

And nothing about PHYSICAL, only RETAIL excluding DIGITAL SALES. NPD cannot track digital sales simply because they don't have the same access to the networks and Sony/MS as they do with traditional online/brick+mortar retailers.

I'm not sure why you have to have it explained that a bundled download code for a game doesn't get tracked in the same way a physical game bought over the counter is, but since you asked me to provide proof (and I did) I guess you can do the same?

Link to show download codes in console bundles are definitely tracked and incorporated into the overall sales for a game?

I never asked you for proof. NPD does track all manufacturer bundles, whether they include it into tallies is up in the air. Yes, that includes digital bundles too.

It's all besides the point because this 2 million number is derived solely from vgchartz, as is this topic at hand.
---
#84Rancid_SkankPosted 8/5/2014 8:03:18 AM(edited)
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

And nothing about PHYSICAL, only RETAIL excluding DIGITAL SALES. NPD cannot track digital sales simply because they don't have the same access to the networks and Sony/MS as they do with traditional online/brick+mortar retailers.

I'm not sure why you have to have it explained that a bundled download code for a game doesn't get tracked in the same way a physical game bought over the counter is, but since you asked me to provide proof (and I did) I guess you can do the same?

Link to show download codes in console bundles are definitely tracked and incorporated into the overall sales for a game?

I never asked you for proof. NPD does track all manufacturer bundles, whether they include it into tallies is up in the air. Yes, that includes digital bundles too.

It's all besides the point because this 2 million number is derived solely from vgchartz, as is this topic at hand.

I must have confused you with another poster in that case, but I still ask for proof as I provided evidence to support what I have been saying.

That link clearly states retail sales, and the sales chart it links to also clearly states retail sales.

Add that to the knowledge that NPD doesn't track digital sales, and VGchartz getting their data by polling NPD and by guesstimation, it all points to the figures touted being horribly understated.

I'm happy to take on board any evidence to the contrary though, when you are able to find it.

EDIT: NPD does track all manufacturer bundles

No, they don't. They track sales from approx. 65% of US retailers and fill the gaps in by extrapolating trends in their data. If you don't know that, how are we supposed to take your other unproven claims as fact?
---
#85MetroidFan9999Posted 8/5/2014 8:04:55 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

GGs I guess.

The article doesn't mention digital sales. So you're not going off what the article says, you are actually making statements based on what you believe and passing it off as fact in an attempt to downplay made up sales figures on an unreliable site.

I'm still waiting for that source that proves digital game sales are tracked in the same way physical game sales are.

My god are you this dense? You just stated that Vgchartz extrapolates data. I've proven bundles are part of this data. If you even read the article, it also doesn't mention only retail physical.

Still waiting on proof that digital retail is not tracked. You know, digital that is bought at retail, not in cyberspace?

http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/10/december-npd-the-xbox-360-dominates-another-dull-month-at-retail/

Oh look at that, they even track digital retail products, point cards?
---
#86Rancid_SkankPosted 8/5/2014 8:08:39 AM(edited)
MetroidFan9999 posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/10/december-npd-the-xbox-360-dominates-another-dull-month-at-retail/

From your latest link:

Financial analysis firm The NPD Group tracks retail sales for the gaming industry. These numbers don’t include digital sales (like Valve’s digital store Steam), but these figures provide a good look at how physical games are selling at brick-and-mortar stores.

Ouch. Physical games only confirmed.

EDIT: Also, how have you proved bundles are included? You've simply repeated it a couple of times with no evidence to speak of. Since you have been incorrect on so many other things already, I'm not simply taking your word for it!
---
#87MetroidFan9999Posted 8/5/2014 8:06:48 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

I must have confused you with another poster in that case, but I still ask for proof as I provided evidence to support what I have been saying.

That link clearly states retail sales, and the sales chart it links to also clearly states retail sales.

Add that to the knowledge that NPD doesn't track digital sales, and VGchartz getting their data by polling NPD and by guesstimation, it all points to the figures touted being horribly understated.

I'm happy to take on board any evidence to the contrary though, when you are able to find it.

EDIT: NPD does track all manufacturer bundles

No, they don't. They track sales from approx. 65% of US retailers and fill the gaps in by extrapolating trends in their data. If you don't know that, how are we supposed to take your other unproven claims as fact?

Ok proof:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/16/may-npd-ps4-leads-hardware-sales-month-five/

"Two examples of hardware bundles that helped to drive hardware sales in May 2014 include Mario Kart 8 bundle for the Wii U, and the Borderlands 2 bundle for the PS Vita," NPD analyst Liam Callahan said.

PS vita bundle is DIGITAL. They track it.
---
#88MetroidFan9999Posted 8/5/2014 8:08:15 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

From your latest link:

Financial analysis firm The NPD Group tracks retail sales for the gaming industry. These numbers don’t include digital sales (like Valve’s digital store Steam), but these figures provide a good look at how physical games are selling at brick-and-mortar stores.

Ouch. Physical games only confirmed.

So you are basing this information on what the writer of the article states?
---
#89MetroidFan9999Posted 8/5/2014 8:10:45 AM(edited)
Rancid_Skank posted...

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251736/titanfall-hits-2-million-sold-on-xbox-one-3-million-combined/

CTRL-F

No.

Chart, yes. Physical only, no.

Yeah I'm done, you clearly are trying to word play here, arguing is asinine at best now.
---
#90AceAndJunpeiPosted 8/5/2014 8:11:05 AM
Sales don't matter.

Or do they?
---
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W647gDp-u-s