Can the compute units in X1 GPU be used for PPC emulation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can the compute units in X1 GPU be used for PPC emulation?
1 year ago#11
Full emulation is NOT necessary, I don't get why people keep bringing it up. MS did not let developers code to the metal on 360, they can literally port the underlying API's. No emulation of PPC necessary. I'm not saying it is no big deal, it would take some time and money and require testing, but if MS was serious about it, Xbone can handle it. 360 and PS3 BC are very, very different propositions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
1 year ago#12
scoobydoobydont posted...
Full emulation is NOT necessary, I don't get why people keep bringing it up. MS did not let developers code to the metal on 360, they can literally port the underlying API's. No emulation of PPC necessary. I'm not saying it is no big deal, it would take some time and money and require testing, but if MS was serious about it, Xbone can handle it. 360 and PS3 BC are very, very different propositions.

lol wut
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
1 year ago#13
Abiz_ posted...
PSCX2 devs actually made a successful emulator. MS gave up on theirs. Great argument.

At this point your just being a fanboy expressing your personal desire that it not happen which is the kiss of death for it not happening.

I guess 360 emulation on X1 in the next 12 to 18 months, thanks! :) Hope you store this argument and feel silly then. /no serious offense.
1 year ago#14
Oh wow, another poster that doesn't realize how difficult emulation is? On gamefaqs?? No way!
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
1 year ago#15
Look, I get it. You read up on some terms from amateur programmers. Fact is that these new systems are not super powerful and expecting them to be able to emulate the PS3 or 360 is wildly unrealistic, especially considering the considerably different system architectures involved.

The fact that you posted this on GameFAQs alone shows how little you actually understand about this subject.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
1 year ago#16
Topic is misleading...i thought this was about hardcore hallucinogenic drugs
1 year ago#17
ZeroShot101 posted...
Enclave posted...
The Xbone isn't powerful enough to emulate the 360.

ummm yes it is. what the hell have you been smoking?

LOL. To run a certain perfect emulator requires a LOT of beefier hardware.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can the compute units in X1 GPU be used for PPC emulation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived