Titanfall has been a pleasant surprise

#1TheSnypahvol2Posted 8/4/2014 1:19:08 PM
After buying an Xbox One about a month ago or so to go with my PS4 (looking forward to Halo: MCC a lot), I picked up Titanfall with it, not expecting too much. I know it's a love it or hate it game, but I was looking at it as a time killer while I wait for the next good shooter.

After almost being at Gen 3 now, I gotta say it has its hooks in me pretty good. I like the no frills approach to the multiplayer. It's the type of game that...well....just works. Sure, it doesn't have tons of content, perks, weapon choices, camos, etc....but I don't think it needs any of that. What is there just works, and works better than most shooters out. After playing TF and going back to a CoD game, it's tough. I constantly wish the movement, shooting, and more balanced weapons were a part of the game. CoD feels so sluggish, boring, and off in comparison (this coming from a pretty big CoD fan too).

Hopefully they take what they did here and just add more of everything for Titanfall 2. After not being too excited for this game, I'm eagerly anticipating to see where they take the series. And while I'm waiting for that I will have the game in rotation for a while. It's really fun to play, and because of it I find myself spending more time with my Xbox One than PS4 right now.
#2XLegendKillerXPosted 8/4/2014 1:20:51 PM
Did you get all the DLC too? i've been on the fence about it still.
---
Xbox Live - nukkaniiick
#3TheSnypahvol2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 1:27:37 PM
Yeah I picked up both map packs. Really enjoyed both so far. The thing I found interesting is that they seem to pop up pretty frequently in regular playlists too. I think they've been worth the $10 each, especially if you really like the game.
#4redditon4chanPosted 8/4/2014 1:29:11 PM
TheSnypahvol2 posted...
After not being too excited for this game

Well then.
#5duericPosted 8/4/2014 1:30:13 PM
Titanfall saved FPS's for me.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/4/2014 1:51:41 PM
Titanfall is amazing. I bought the season pass and game for both the 360 and the One. I am currently a gen 10 on the 360 version, and now I'm gonna gen 10 on the One version. After I gen 10 on the One version, I plan to play competitively.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#7TheSnypahvol2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 4:53:54 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it saved FPS games or is my favorite, but it's really damn good. I just wish I knew more people that had it. I've played every game except a few by myself. Win% isn't where I want it, but personally I've done well.
#8FlyinTonitePosted 8/4/2014 4:56:00 PM
I bought it the other day. Level 13 right now, great game. The double jump and wall running really opens up the maps, which are very well designed. Add me, BassGroove90.
---
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.
#9TheSnypahvol2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 4:58:39 PM
Awesome. I'll add you.
#10Dev445Posted 8/4/2014 5:02:20 PM
Yeah TF is the s*** I got to get the new map pack. I had it since released and I'm only Gen2. Imma get back at it once I beat WatchDogs. Anybody feel free to add me if you want, gamertag in the sig.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247