I missed a download for Games with Gold, and now I can't even get the game?

#1GTDunPosted 8/4/2014 1:49:13 PM(edited)
Civilization Revolution came out in March on Games with Gold, before I had an Xbox One. Now that I have a one, I went to download it since I assumed it would be logged as a free game. But not only is it not free anymore according to xbox.com - it's not even available to download anymore for Xbox One.

Are you kidding me? So there is literally no way I can get Civilization Revolution on my new Xbox One now? Just because I missed the stupid promotion, the game basically doesn't exist anymore? At the very least I should be able to purchase it and download it onto the One, but Microsoft really should just keep all of the Games with Gold games backlogged as free downloads. I think it's ridiculous that I have no way to access this game now, when it clearly is able to be downloaded and played on the One.
---
Alpha Crew
#2Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/4/2014 1:49:07 PM
It was never available on Xbox One. Only Xbox 360.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#3phoenix9291Posted 8/4/2014 1:52:25 PM(edited)
GTDun posted...
Civilization Revolution came out in March on Games with Gold, before I had an Xbox One. Now that I have a one, I went to download it since I assumed it would be logged as a free game. But not only is it not free anymore according to xbox.com - it's not even available to download anymore for Xbox One.

Are you kidding me? So there is literally no way I can get Civilization Revolution on my new Xbox One now? Just because I missed the stupid promotion, the game basically doesn't exist anymore? At the very least I should be able to purchase it and download it onto the One, but Microsoft really should just keep all of the Games with Gold games backlogged as free downloads. I think it's ridiculous that I have no way to access this game now, when it clearly is able to be downloaded and played on the One.

Uhhhhh........ http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=civilization+revolution
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#4duericPosted 8/4/2014 1:51:28 PM
HA!!

We're on the internet, dude.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5pwnater777Posted 8/4/2014 1:51:33 PM
Ignorance...
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#6GTDun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 1:52:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7liquidblue4Posted 8/4/2014 1:53:12 PM
Not sure if troll or incredibly stupid
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#8Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/4/2014 1:55:27 PM
GTDun posted...
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
It was never available on Xbox One. Only Xbox 360.

Well damn. That makes me feel a lot better about it. I thought they converted it to an Xbox One version and then only put it on the market for a month. I was like... really?

Haha nah it was never on the One. The Games with Gold deal was for the 360 only. However, I'm hoping Microsoft transfers all the Xbox Live marketplace games and content to the Xbox One.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#9mindoftwomoronsPosted 8/4/2014 1:58:18 PM
However, I'm hoping Microsoft transfers all the Xbox Live marketplace games and content to the Xbox One.

That would be the choice of the developer/publisher, not Microsoft.
---
http://giant.gfycat.com/BiodegradableRevolvingBlueandgoldmackaw.gif http://giant.gfycat.com/EvergreenMiserableBorer.gif
#10duericPosted 8/4/2014 2:02:34 PM
mindoftwomorons posted...
However, I'm hoping Microsoft transfers all the Xbox Live marketplace games and content to the Xbox One.

That would be the choice of the developer/publisher, not Microsoft.

Microsoft controls any and all content on the Marketplace.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member