What the hell happened to the background downloading?

#1bridog346Posted 8/4/2014 3:28:23 PM
All of a sudden my last two updates didn't install until I started my Xbox up and it happened at very inconvenient times. And yes the box is still checked.
---
The destruction of everything is the beginning of something new.
#2squarex8264Posted 8/4/2014 3:29:59 PM
Are you in the preview program?

System updates download in the background when they are available, but I think if a download is marked to be downloaded immediately, it will start the update even if you're online.

If you're talking about game updates, they seem to be downloading for me in the background except in the case where it needs me to put in the game to finish the last bit.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3bridog346(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 3:37:19 PM
Yes I'm in the program, and I'm talking about starting my Xbox from the instant on and it telling me I need to update, from what I believe it is supposed to download even if my Xbox is on standby likes it has done every update with the exception of the last two.

And I know first world problems
---
#4bridog346(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 3:41:46 PM
I just added an external hard drive recently, could that be an issue?
---
#5WarsuhPosted 8/4/2014 3:46:05 PM
I'm having the same issue recently. When I turn my xbox off it downloads parts of it but then pauses the rest. It is very annoying to get on thinking you can play but can't cause it messed up. Hopefully they fix this soon, it used to work.
#6Slambo70Posted 8/4/2014 3:48:22 PM
Does your new drive turn off when the xbox powers down? That could be an issue.
---
"I'm a love machine and I'm ready to plow the fields of exstasy. oh yeah!"-Fable-TLC
#7squarex8264Posted 8/5/2014 1:27:28 PM
bridog346 posted...
Yes I'm in the program, and I'm talking about starting my Xbox from the instant on and it telling me I need to update, from what I believe it is supposed to download even if my Xbox is on standby likes it has done every update with the exception of the last two.

And I know first world problems

Hmm, that sounds like you may have hit an issue then. Especially if you're being prompted as soon as you come out of sleep mode. You should file it on their forums, if you haven't already.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade