Have you ever bought the same game multiple times?

#1FernieODSTPosted 8/4/2014 3:51:24 PM
Let's say you bought and played and beat AC: Black Flag on Xbox 360. Would you buy it again Xbox one? What about PC as well?

For multiplayer games I sort of get it, just because the different online communities can effect the experience you have. But SP games, what justifies you buying the game a second time even though you already experienced everything the game had to offer. Is it solely because it looks a little nicer?

I'm genuinely curious if graphics and resolution are really why people would purchase a game they already own.
---
"Ever heard of driver updates? Driver updates can do things to make a GPU stronger, could also overclock it if they wanted to" -Goregasm17 on Xbox One
#2KontributorPosted 8/4/2014 3:52:24 PM
It's not for the 360, but yes I have bought Age of Empire II at least 5 different times. Sometimes I find my old copies after a move...and then I don't and buy a new one >_>

Can't live without my AOE <3 (the game that got me into gaming)
---
The only time the word "incorrectly" isn't spelled incorrectly is when it's spelled incorrectly.
#3Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/4/2014 3:54:42 PM
a few.

FF series
MG series
GoW series
DMC series

i bought diablo 2 like 5 times.
#4dnmtPosted 8/4/2014 3:55:09 PM
I bought Guacamelee when I first got my PS3 since I've heard so many good things about it but never found the time to actually play it. Then six months later it came out on PC for super cheap so I bought it again and played it for about 2 hours before realizing it's really just 'meh' at best. Never again.
#5BalisticWarri0rPosted 8/4/2014 3:56:32 PM
I bought splinter cell chaos theory like four different times to play the multiplayer with friends. Once when the game came out, then again on the computer several years later, then again on xbox market place, then on xbox market place again on a different account. Was only like 5 dollars each time so whatever.
#6lunaticcorePosted 8/4/2014 3:58:56 PM
Symphony of the Night PS1, Xbox 360
Final Fantasy 4 & 6 Snes, PS1
Lunar 1 & 2 Sega Cd & PS1
Halo CE Xbox, Xbox 360 and soon will have it on Xbox One along with my second run at Halo 2
Metal;Gear Solid PS1, Gamecube, MGS2 PS1 and Xbox, and Xbox 360
Jet Grind Radio Gamecube, Xbox 360
Pretty sure this list can keep going.. I am just gonna stop.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#7holden4everPosted 8/4/2014 4:08:07 PM
I own plenty of games on more than one platform. I have 182 games on Steam so there's bound to be some overlap.

Minecraft - pc and 360
BF3 - pc and 360
Guacamelee - pc and XB1
Spec Ops: The Line - pc and PS3
Giana Sisters - pc and PS3

A lot of my pc games came from Humble Bundle sales and is why I have so many doubles. Most of my PS3 games are from PS+.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#8Mandrew257Posted 8/4/2014 4:08:42 PM
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2: Dreamcast, gamecube, and PS3.
---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)
#9MusuoJoePosted 8/4/2014 4:17:55 PM
Yes sadly a few times..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#10aheroafakePosted 8/4/2014 4:19:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]