Will Xbox One Do 1080p Eventually?

#11SwiftXZPosted 8/4/2014 6:36:39 PM
The day I see my x1 to do 1080p I'll check myself into an asylum. I mean whose bladder can hold that much urine, let alone a console.
---
GT:SwiftXZ
#12TheBorderColliePosted 8/4/2014 6:49:07 PM
don_sf posted...
720p movies are basically unwatchable for me.

And with that sentence, the troll reveals itself....
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#13don_sf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 7:04:03 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
don_sf posted...

Im sorry, do you not understand something called pixel density, or ppi, there has been a tiny weeny bit of talk about it in the recent years.

Let me clearly explain it to you in regards to my situation, listen very very carefully, you will learn something, and yes it will be a first for you.

You see display technology uses things called pixels, many many of them. The more there are the better the image quality.

Now three things mainly influence if you can see individual pixels or not, the total amount of pixels known as resolution (1080p for example has 1920 pixels horizontle and 1080 verticle), the size of the screen and how far you are away from the screen.

You see my friend, companies like apple have this thing called retina where they use ppi to indicate when the human eye can no longer tell the difference, because different devices have different lenghts from which you view, consequently the retina ppi changes with the device you use. Check out retina ppi for iphone and then for macbook air for example, different.

You see if you take these things into account, my tv is closer to me, and hence when an image is displayed in 720p it does not look sharp, but when it is 1080p it looks pretty decent.

So, there, of course this information is also available to you with a simple search on google, but of course you seem to enjoy chatting crap and making incorrect claims, which I have revealed and found you out as a fraud.

Try Again.
#14Shadowfxd2Posted 8/4/2014 7:09:31 PM
maybe on indies, but probably not AAA games, since it's not even powerful enough.
#15sn3akywafflesPosted 8/4/2014 7:10:40 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
I laughed when TC said "4k on a pc is a common thing"

lol i also chuckled irl when i read that
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#16Linksys_Posted 8/4/2014 7:19:03 PM
don_sf posted...
don_sf posted...

Im sorry, do you not understand something called pixel density, or ppi, there has been a tiny weeny bit of talk about it in the recent years.

Let me clearly explain it to you in regards to my situation, listen very very carefully, you will learn something, and yes it will be a first for you.

You see display technology uses things called pixels, many many of them. The more there are the better the image quality.

Now three things mainly influence if you can see individual pixels or not, the total amount of pixels known as resolution (1080p for example has 1920 pixels horizontle and 1080 verticle), the size of the screen and how far you are away from the screen.

You see my friend, companies like apple have this thing called retina where they use ppi to indicate when the human eye can no longer tell the difference, because different devices have different lenghts from which you view, consequently the retina ppi changes with the device you use. Check out retina ppi for iphone and then for macbook air for example, different.

You see if you take these things into account, my tv is closer to me, and hence when an image is displayed in 720p it does not look sharp, but when it is 1080p it looks pretty decent.

So, there, of course this information is also available to you with a simple search on google, but of course you seem to enjoy chatting crap and making incorrect claims, which I have revealed and found you out as a fraud.

Try Again.

Back away from tv. Problem solved.
#17PizzatarianPosted 8/4/2014 7:23:32 PM(edited)
don_sf posted...
don_sf posted...

Try Again.

First off, could you be anymore pretentious? Secondly, the Xbox One can already do games in 1080; just go look at Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein, Alien: Isolation, Dying Light, Fifa 14, Destiny, Kinect Sports Rivals, Minecraft, Murdered: Soul Suspect, NBA 2K14, Need for Speed Rivals, Outlast, Project Cars, Skylanders: Swap Force, Sniper Elite 3, The Crew, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and the Halo: MCC...
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#18spacejamjordanzPosted 8/4/2014 7:24:11 PM
I say give it time.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#19don_sf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 7:28:43 PM
Linksys_ posted...
don_sf posted...
don_sf posted...

Try Again.

Back away from tv. Problem solved.

Nope, thats not a solution. And not exactly a technical solution is it? Imagine if Microsoft announced 'if everyone backs away from their tv or buys a smaller one then we wouldnt need 1080p'.

Infact im planning to buy an even bigger tv (75 inch), but not sure if I should get 4k or 1080p.
#20Linksys_Posted 8/4/2014 7:30:03 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
don_sf posted...
don_sf posted...

Try Again.

First off, could you be anymore pretentious? Secondly, the Xbox One can already do games in 1080; just go look at Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein, Alien: Isolation, Dying Light, Fifa 14, Destiny, Kinect Sports Rivals, Minecraft, Murdered: Soul Suspect, NBA 2K14, Need for Speed Rivals, Outlast, Project Cars, Skylanders: Swap Force, Sniper Elite 3, The Crew, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and the Halo: MCC...