Will Xbox One Do 1080p Eventually?

#41brownmysterPosted 8/5/2014 12:05:21 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
don_sf posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
don_sf posted...
720p movies are basically unwatchable for me.

And with that sentence, the troll reveals itself....

Im sorry, do you not understand something called pixel density, or ppi, there has been a tiny weeny bit of talk about it in the recent years.

Let me clearly explain it to you in regards to my situation, listen very very carefully, you will learn something, and yes it will be a first for you.

You see display technology uses things called pixels, many many of them. The more there are the better the image quality.

Now three things mainly influence if you can see individual pixels or not, the total amount of pixels known as resolution (1080p for example has 1920 pixels horizontle and 1080 verticle), the size of the screen and how far you are away from the screen.

You see my friend, companies like apple have this thing called retina where they use ppi to indicate when the human eye can no longer tell the difference, because different devices have different lenghts from which you view, consequently the retina ppi changes with the device you use. Check out retina ppi for iphone and then for macbook air for example, different.

You see if you take these things into account, my tv is closer to me, and hence when an image is displayed in 720p it does not look sharp, but when it is 1080p it looks pretty decent.

So, there, of course this information is also available to you with a simple search on google, but of course you seem to enjoy chatting crap and making incorrect claims, which I have revealed and found you out as a fraud.

Try Again.

First off, could you be anymore pretentious? Secondly, the Xbox One can already do games in 1080; just go look at Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein, Alien: Isolation, Dying Light, Fifa 14, Destiny, Kinect Sports Rivals, Minecraft, Murdered: Soul Suspect, NBA 2K14, Need for Speed Rivals, Outlast, Project Cars, Skylanders: Swap Force, Sniper Elite 3, The Crew, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and the Halo: MCC...

He knows that, but he has to pretend those games don't exist in 1080p so he can continue his dribble bait.

---

---
Gt: Brown Myster. Nintendo ID: BrownMyster
Gamefaqs has always been anti Xbox. Just look at the polls dating back to 2001
#42SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/5/2014 12:15:59 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
don_sf posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
don_sf posted...

And with that sentence, the troll reveals itself....

Im sorry, do you not understand something called pixel density, or ppi, there has been a tiny weeny bit of talk about it in the recent years.

Let me clearly explain it to you in regards to my situation, listen very very carefully, you will learn something, and yes it will be a first for you.

You see display technology uses things called pixels, many many of them. The more there are the better the image quality.

Now three things mainly influence if you can see individual pixels or not, the total amount of pixels known as resolution (1080p for example has 1920 pixels horizontle and 1080 verticle), the size of the screen and how far you are away from the screen.

You see my friend, companies like apple have this thing called retina where they use ppi to indicate when the human eye can no longer tell the difference, because different devices have different lenghts from which you view, consequently the retina ppi changes with the device you use. Check out retina ppi for iphone and then for macbook air for example, different.

You see if you take these things into account, my tv is closer to me, and hence when an image is displayed in 720p it does not look sharp, but when it is 1080p it looks pretty decent.

So, there, of course this information is also available to you with a simple search on google, but of course you seem to enjoy chatting crap and making incorrect claims, which I have revealed and found you out as a fraud.

Try Again.

First off, could you be anymore pretentious? Secondly, the Xbox One can already do games in 1080; just go look at Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein, Alien: Isolation, Dying Light, Fifa 14, Destiny, Kinect Sports Rivals, Minecraft, Murdered: Soul Suspect, NBA 2K14, Need for Speed Rivals, Outlast, Project Cars, Skylanders: Swap Force, Sniper Elite 3, The Crew, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and the Halo: MCC...

Jeebus, you absolutely wrecked that troll with this post
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#43McCartneyMartinPosted 8/5/2014 3:05:10 PM
TC only acknowledges that he is not a troll. However, when someone listed the games already in 1080p, he say's nothing. Hmm... Go away troll.
#44don_sf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 4:16:05 PM
McCartneyMartin posted...
TC only acknowledges that he is not a troll. However, when someone listed the games already in 1080p, he say's nothing. Hmm... Go away troll.

Im not trolling, that message that person where he listed a few games is not enough.

I dont really want to add fuel to the fire, but the witcher 3 is a prime example, amongst other games. I dont really want to slate microsoft after owning a xbox 360 for so long, but the lack of 1080p on important titles is whats holding it back for me.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-1080p-obstacle-not-solved-by-directx-12-w/1100-6421478/

And of course listing 2/3 games which support 1080p is not really a way to win this argument. Infact using your technique I can form a base of a claim that ps3 supports 1080p by exampling wipeout and rayman, which run at 1080p native.

My question is, will the xbox one eventually be producing 1080p to the level of ps4 at least in the future? We see graphic improvements over console life time, if xbox one produces 1080p then it will be worth buying for me.
#45JKMaynardPosted 8/5/2014 6:11:43 PM
Diablo 3 was just announced it will be 1080p at launch so there's one more now go away
---
Proud Owner Of PS3 X-BOX360
Aenima-Playing HALO 4/ Gears of war:J
#46aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 6:14:36 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
Games are already 1080p on the XB1, just not all of them. I am sure the devs will figure it out. Just remember, look at Oblivion when the 360 was launched, then look at Skyrim.

End topic.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#47Laylow12Posted 8/5/2014 7:16:53 PM(edited)
The XBOX ONE AAA titles that push the limits are always going to have some form of sacrifice vs the PS4 versions. It's a 50% difference in raw performance for the GPU alone with the PS4 being superior. The CPU is slightly better on the PS4. The RAM is where the PS4 smokes the XBOX ONE and developers are struggling to hit the 1080p on the XBOX ONE in graphic intensive games.

Sales of consoles and software are double on the PS4, for a variety of good reasons.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#48plus1zeroPosted 8/5/2014 6:34:03 PM
Draconian-White posted...
don_sf posted...

Really? You lost me at that point.

I pulled out the VCR last weekend and watched batman returns on an HDTV. Enjoyed the crap out of it! The movie aged awful though
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#49plus1zeroPosted 8/5/2014 6:36:31 PM
Sales of consoles and software are double on the PS4, for a variety of good reasons.

Killzone, knack, slow updates, no YouTube, nothing good coming out this year, the list goes on

Ps4's kinda garbage at this point. No one talks about it really in news, just the wiiu's awesome momentum and exclusives and the xbox one's turnaround in everyone's favor.

In November I loved the ps4. Nearly a year later I'm glad I have the x1 too, because the ps4 is lame.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#50quincy2000aPosted 8/5/2014 6:40:22 PM
plus1zero posted...
...and the xbox one's turnaround in everyone's favor.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/187536-could-microsoft-upgrade-the-xbox-ones-hardware-to-fix-the-ps4-performance-gap?fullsite=true
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."