Will Xbox One Do 1080p Eventually?

#51rwfan2cPosted 8/5/2014 5:41:42 PM
don_sf posted...
McCartneyMartin posted...
TC only acknowledges that he is not a troll. However, when someone listed the games already in 1080p, he say's nothing. Hmm... Go away troll.

Im not trolling, that message that person where he listed a few games is not enough.

I dont really want to add fuel to the fire, but the witcher 3 is a prime example, amongst other games. I dont really want to slate microsoft after owning a xbox 360 for so long, but the lack of 1080p on important titles is whats holding it back for me.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-1080p-obstacle-not-solved-by-directx-12-w/1100-6421478/

And of course listing 2/3 games which support 1080p is not really a way to win this argument. Infact using your technique I can form a base of a claim that ps3 supports 1080p by exampling wipeout and rayman, which run at 1080p native.

My question is, will the xbox one eventually be producing 1080p to the level of ps4 at least in the future? We see graphic improvements over console life time, if xbox one produces 1080p then it will be worth buying for me.

Yes.. But your Topic name is "Will Xbox One Do 1080p Eventually?" And people naming games that do in fact run at 1080p is essentially the end of the topic and the end of the topic and the end of the conversation.

Question: "Will Xbox One Do 1080p Eventually?"

Answer: "It Already does, here is the names of a bunch of games that do run at 1080p"

/topic
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, Battlefield 4
Waiting for: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Forza Horizon 2, CoD: AW And an ME4 Announcement
#52PizzatarianPosted 8/5/2014 6:25:01 PM(edited)
don_sf posted...
McCartneyMartin posted...
TC only acknowledges that he is not a troll. However, when someone listed the games already in 1080p, he say's nothing. Hmm... Go away troll.

Im not trolling, that message that person where he listed a few games is not enough.

I dont really want to add fuel to the fire, but the witcher 3 is a prime example, amongst other games. I dont really want to slate microsoft after owning a xbox 360 for so long, but the lack of 1080p on important titles is whats holding it back for me.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-1080p-obstacle-not-solved-by-directx-12-w/1100-6421478/

And of course listing 2/3 games which support 1080p is not really a way to win this argument. Infact using your technique I can form a base of a claim that ps3 supports 1080p by exampling wipeout and rayman, which run at 1080p native.

My question is, will the xbox one eventually be producing 1080p to the level of ps4 at least in the future? We see graphic improvements over console life time, if xbox one produces 1080p then it will be worth buying for me.

A few games? I listed about 20 games... and that's not even a complete list. In fact, they just confirmed yesterday that Diablo 3 will also be running in 1080p after it receives a patch.

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1942-xbox-one-ultimate-evil-edition-reaches-1080p-resolution

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2cqeol/confirmed_diablo_3_ultimate_evil_1080p_on_xbox/

Now to answer your question. No, the Xbox One will not run every game in 1080p; just like the PS4.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#53HarrysReedPosted 8/5/2014 6:15:46 PM
At the cost of textures and other graphics.
#54TheM00dPosted 8/5/2014 7:20:00 PM
let's see how long this will last.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#55VIC10U5Posted 8/5/2014 7:25:38 PM
don_sf posted...
Linksys_ posted...
don_sf posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
don_sf posted...
720p movies are basically unwatchable for me.

And with that sentence, the troll reveals itself....

Im sorry, do you not understand something called pixel density, or ppi, there has been a tiny weeny bit of talk about it in the recent years.

Let me clearly explain it to you in regards to my situation, listen very very carefully, you will learn something, and yes it will be a first for you.

You see display technology uses things called pixels, many many of them. The more there are the better the image quality.

Now three things mainly influence if you can see individual pixels or not, the total amount of pixels known as resolution (1080p for example has 1920 pixels horizontle and 1080 verticle), the size of the screen and how far you are away from the screen.

You see my friend, companies like apple have this thing called retina where they use ppi to indicate when the human eye can no longer tell the difference, because different devices have different lenghts from which you view, consequently the retina ppi changes with the device you use. Check out retina ppi for iphone and then for macbook air for example, different.

You see if you take these things into account, my tv is closer to me, and hence when an image is displayed in 720p it does not look sharp, but when it is 1080p it looks pretty decent.

So, there, of course this information is also available to you with a simple search on google, but of course you seem to enjoy chatting crap and making incorrect claims, which I have revealed and found you out as a fraud.

Try Again.

Back away from tv. Problem solved.

Nope, thats not a solution. And not exactly a technical solution is it? Imagine if Microsoft announced 'if everyone backs away from their tv or buys a smaller one then we wouldnt need 1080p'.

Infact im planning on having my dad buy me an even bigger tv (75 inch), but not sure if I should get 4k or 1080p.

Fixed that for you! You're welcome!
#56LordRazielPosted 8/5/2014 9:46:43 PM
Ps4 is more equipped for 1080p because it's more powerful than X1. X1 hardware is more 720ish or 900ish.
---
-------------
Dashing
#57Millertime660Posted 8/5/2014 10:41:56 PM
HarrysReed posted...
At the cost of textures and other graphics.

Nice try, do you always lie on message boards just to be negative?
#58mokmuudPosted 8/5/2014 10:46:50 PM
Developers could make any game 1080p on all 3 systems.
/thread
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#59youngskillzPosted 8/5/2014 10:46:50 PM
not really lying, in some cases that's exactly what happens when the game is 1080p.

forza cardboard anyone?

i'm willing to bet there will be some difference in destiny aswell.

i'm sure someone else has other examples aswell, ps4 isn't perfect but it can do it better for the most part it is more powerful afterall.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#60Millertime660Posted 8/5/2014 10:50:47 PM
youngskillz posted...
not really lying, in some cases that's exactly what happens when the game is 1080p.

forza cardboard anyone?

i'm willing to bet there will be some difference in destiny aswell.

i'm sure someone else has other examples aswell, ps4 isn't perfect but it can do it better for the most part it is more powerful afterall.

Are you responding to me, responding to someone else?