Will Xbox One Do 1080p Eventually?

#61CapwnDPosted 8/5/2014 11:52:53 PM
don_sf posted...
CapwnD posted...
How is this topic not a trolling topic? The topic creator has been making these topics since before the Xbox One was released, been a staunch sony fanboy/ anti MS troll since last gen. The kid was trolling the Xbox 360 saying how bad it was and how much better the PS3 was before the PS3 was even released.

Clearly he knows that the Xbox One does 1080p yet he makes these troll bait topics that mods only delete half the time.

When will these kids grow up?

What?

Yes I was a kid before, I wasnt allowed out when I was in school, so I used to come here

Anyway I had, and still have xbox 360 ps3 and wii.

My intentions were to purchase the xbox one and wii u, wii u I will probably get because of the mario games, and 1 or 2 other games. I remember I got hated because I bought xbox 360, what? When 360 came out it was unreliable, power brick, no wifi. And most of its sales were red ring of death, although I will admit I got an old phat xbox 360 and still havent got the red ring, but I am a very small exception, everyone else I know had it.

The xbox one I want to buy because there are some games I want to buy. I did propose that microsoft become exclusively a software company that they used to be, hardware wise I have not been impressed by the xbox's, big, loud, external powerbrick, (slightly inferior hardware, the ram it has to be said).

Like I said at the start, yes ps4 is way better, sony's experience in hardware shows BUT even as someone who supports sony's way and vision, I have to say even 1080p in todays time is a bit underwhelming when pc gamers are doing 4k now.

But like i explained, maybe you dont care about 1080p but it makes a difference for me because my tv is big, and im planning on buying a 75 inch, so 1080p will just about be watchable and 720p will, without doubt, look horrible.

Yes, you were a kid before and you haven't changed at all.

Same crap, years later. Shove Sony down your throat, make dumb troll topics on the Xbox boards, rinse, repeat, never grow up.

If you really cared about this you would be playing only exclusives on consoles like I do, and you would have a gaming PC for everything else. lmfao at you one-console owning people arguing about the differences between the PS4 and Xbox One. Clearly you have much more growing to do.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#62quincy2000aPosted 8/6/2014 3:33:28 AM
From Digital Foundry regarding the X1's MGS sales:

"Perhaps the PS4's boost shouldn't be that huge a surprise as our tech experts at Digital Foundry found that it was the superior version of Kojima's latest stealth adventure. "The king of the roost is most certainly the PS4 version, with its slick 1080p presentation marking a clear lead over the maximum 720p possible on Xbox One," said Tom Morgan in our Ground Zeroes Face-Off."
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#63don_sf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 11:49:25 AM
quincy2000a posted...

"Perhaps the PS4's boost shouldn't be that huge a surprise as our tech experts at Digital Foundry found that it was the superior version of Kojima's latest stealth adventure. "The king of the roost is most certainly the PS4 version, with its slick 1080p presentation marking a clear lead over the maximum 720p possible on Xbox One," said Tom Morgan in our Ground Zeroes Face-Off."

An excellent piece of research, extremely informative and technically correct to aid many users into deciding which system to go for. Of course I dont want to add fuel to the fire, but this kind of information may be used by trolls to disrupt the xbox one boards. And it must be said, I am heavily opposed to trolling.

However, of course it is obvious that current games are not 1080p, my question still remains, as developers get used to the hardware (and its power hungry OS), will all games eventually output at 1080p, in which case I can go out tomorrow and, somewhat reluctantly, purchase the xbox one?
#64ChiliPupPosted 8/6/2014 11:52:24 AM
quincy2000a posted...

Come on now, it's not like that's EVERY game. Just most of them. Be fair.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#65Matt_256Posted 8/6/2014 12:22:34 PM
Nope, thats not a solution. And not exactly a technical solution is it? Imagine if Microsoft announced 'if everyone backs away from their tv or buys a smaller one then we wouldnt need 1080p'.

Infact im planning to buy an even bigger tv (75 inch), but not sure if I should get 4k or 1080p.

Ummm. I think you should invest in a bigger room/apartment before purchasing an even bigger TV. The bigger the TV, the worse it's going to look when you're sitting that close. Even at 1080p. A 75" HDTV is way too massive to be sitting that close. You're gonna burn your retina out ;)

I have a 52" HDTV, it's very nice but I have a couch that's 6-7 feet away and it's perfect. Exactly how big is your current TV and how close are you actually sitting in front of it..?
#66PizzatarianPosted 8/6/2014 12:45:01 PM(edited)
don_sf posted...
quincy2000a posted...

An excellent piece of research, extremely informative and technically correct to aid many users into deciding which system to go for. Of course I dont want to add fuel to the fire, but this kind of information may be used by trolls to disrupt the xbox one boards. And it must be said, I am heavily opposed to trolling.

However, of course it is obvious that current games are not 1080p, my question still remains, as developers get used to the hardware (and its power hungry OS), will all games eventually output at 1080p, in which case I can go out tomorrow and, somewhat reluctantly, purchase the xbox one?

One guys opinion is far from being, "An excellent piece of research, [that is] extremely informative and technically correct to aid many users into deciding which system to go for", especially since he does not even consider any other factors that may persuade an individually into purchasing one console over the other; for example, the software/UI, exclusives, what system their friends have, the controller, and online service. He literally only discusses the hardware/resolution discrepancy that exists between the PS4 and Xbox One for this one game. Sure, there is no denying that this result indicates a difference in resolution for all (or most) multi-platform games; however to say this is sole reason why a person would purchase the PS4 over the Xbox One is simply wrong.

And your question has already been answered several times. The Xbox One will not run every game in 1080p; just like the PS4. If you wanted every game to play in 1080p/60fps, then you would get a high-end gaming PC. The reason you have not done this is obviously because there are other factors that make you interested in either console, which means you need to sit down and decide for yourself which system has more value.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3