Gamestop offering more money for trade ins

#1TOhasNoRingPosted 8/4/2014 5:56:32 PM
http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-overhauling-trade-ins-will-offer-more-mone-1616075351
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#2HorridhalPosted 8/4/2014 6:03:44 PM
This is the opportunity to educate the customer that their items sitting at home are worth currency that can be spent in your store. Keep in mind that 2/3 of our customers don't understand what "Trade In" means.

They think so highly of people.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3killtacular30Posted 8/4/2014 6:24:18 PM
I went to the link and they may be offering more on your trade ins but not by much at all they could do a lot better than that... But still your going have buy there high priced used games which you can get used games a lot cheaper somewhere else then through them... I don't think this move is going save them because people aren't stupid, there only offering gamers just a tiny bit more for there games which isn't going add up to much, now if they started selling there used games cheaper than that would add up to more saving...
#4PoweredMilkManPosted 8/4/2014 6:38:25 PM
Best buy still has better trade in values
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#5killtacular30Posted 8/5/2014 8:23:31 AM
At least with BestBuy you can go online and check the trade in values on your games. Game stop doesn't do that but with only a few certain games, you have to call them or go to one of there stores to find out...

Am not sure which store offers the best trade in credit these days, I know back two years ago BestBuy did being ever week it was a extra 50% and at least once a month it was a extra 100%, now a days I hardly see BestBuy doing any extra trade in credit but once in a blue moon in my area... I know sometimes now one store or the other would be offering more for the same game than the other...
#6XboxDruggiePosted 8/5/2014 9:00:24 AM
Gamers and consumers need to realize that GameStop is only looking at one thing: their bottom line. They're a business that has cornered the gaming market. Their P&L is all that matters to them, not their customers.

That is why I refuse to deal with them in any shape or form; Craigslist is my friend for selling my games and BestBuy is my go to place to purchase. Yes, BestBuy also is a huge brick and mortar retail store, but they don't pretend to care for their gaming customers as GameStop does. Not to mention their employees don't hound me to buy a subscription or reserve anything because I won't get the game if I don'tů
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#7bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 8/5/2014 9:01:52 AM
I normally go to a place called VideoGame Headquarters to sell my games. They give you at least half of what they going to sell it for. For example I traded in a game there once for $25 and then next day I saw they were selling it at $40.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#8zerooo0Posted 8/5/2014 9:04:34 AM
Hey I have a bunch of older games that I plan on getting rid of, so if I even get $5 or $10 from them then I will be perfectly okay.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#9IceHuskyPosted 8/5/2014 9:13:12 AM
Looks like Gamestop no longer has a monopoly on game trade ins anymore. Awesome!
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
RIP Dad: 1947 - 2004
#10daledo6Posted 8/5/2014 9:13:54 AM
killtacular30 posted...
At least with BestBuy you can go online and check the trade in values on your games. Game stop doesn't do that but with only a few certain games, you have to call them or go to one of there stores to find out...

If you have a smartphone, you can download their app and it will tell you the value of any game. Why they don't have this on their website is beyond me. Seems pretty simple. I just found this out recently and I thought that I'd pass it along.
---
"We eat gods for breakfast." ~ Egon Spengler