The Rumors Are Spreading, XBROS! Is XBOX ONE getting another price cut?!

#1SolnotPosted 8/4/2014 7:57:09 PM
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/rumour-xbox-one-getting-another-price-cut/

New generation consoles are expensive. I got one from FNB to make it hurt just a little bit less, but thanks to the two year repayment scheme, it looks like Iíll have to wait a while longer before I can get Microsoftís new console. However, it might just be getting a bit easier to buy it in cash.

Over on NeoGAF, the following image has appeared showing a new price of Ä349.99.

http://imageslgmr.lazygamer.netdna-cdn.com/2014/08/Xbox-One-pricecut.jpg

Considering the #xboxgamescom perhaps this is part of the big announcement that theyíre teasing? Slashing another Ä50 off the price would certainly make the console even more appealing in the new launch countries. Perhaps this will boost the flagging sales and help Xbox One gain more retail success. It has been struggling compared to the PS4, although itís not as if the number of consoles bought is bad Ė it just isnít as impressive as the PS4's.

Is price the main issue keeping Xbros from grabbing the Xbox One? Will bringing the price down to that level make people finally choose it over the PS4? Can we really still say itís all about the games, or is it also all about the price and offering?

Iím already rather impressed with the price point for the Xbox One when it comes here next month. R6299.99 isnít too bad for a new console, itís actually a very good price if you factor in the free digital games that are bundled. However, if we see a price cut overseas, we might see the price coming down below R6k. If that happens, I might just have to pick one up.
#2quincy2000aPosted 8/4/2014 7:59:07 PM
Not sure if your article is referring to the price cut I read about earlier...

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-microsoft-says-european-price-cut-was-mistake-1647952
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#3pwnater777Posted 8/4/2014 7:59:35 PM
3 topics on the first page.

Nobody really cares that much.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#4SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/4/2014 8:39:29 PM
Sol not is the honorary clown of the xbox board
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#5MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/4/2014 8:45:27 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...

Fact!

I am a Saiyan Prince and he is nothing but a low level clown!!!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#6Garage_ManPosted 8/4/2014 9:03:19 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...

Fact!

Hey where is your nonsense about sunset overdrive?
#7Mr_StarchPosted 8/4/2014 9:06:18 PM
I feel mile M$ kinda punched me in the nose, I bought mine for 500 and I still have the same games!
---
GT Dr Acti0n PhD
#8MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/4/2014 9:23:58 PM
Garage_Man posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...

Fact!

Hey where is your nonsense about sunset overdrive?Yyyyereeeeeeeah baaaaabyyyyy

Fix'd.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#9IzanamlPosted 8/4/2014 10:06:28 PM
If Microsoft had any confidence in Sunset Overdrive, they wouldn't slash the price of the Xbone yet. But everyone knows Sunset Overdrive will be an even bigger wash than Titanfall is. Sunset Overdrive looks like crap, the type of crap nobody should play. If you're smart enough to understand stocks, Microsoft and the Xbone are in the Bear Market right now. SELL SELL SELL!!! Sell your Xbones for your dear life!
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself"- Arcana V The Hierophant
#10Private_NoobPosted 8/5/2014 3:36:52 AM
The answer is yes.
microbone attempted to sell their souls to SOPA, and soon they will pay the ultimate price!
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!