Is it normal to have a grinding noise?

#11Merc009(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 11:08:51 PM
So the console should be dead quiet??
#12WarsuhPosted 8/4/2014 11:12:49 PM
Merc009 posted...

Yes there should definitely not be a grinding noise. Mine is super quiet. Is it a loud grinding like really loud? Or just barely noticeable?
#13MalcolmEatsYouPosted 8/4/2014 11:13:54 PM
Merc009 posted...

Well mine isn't that quiet. Kinda can hear the fan.
#14aheroafakePosted 8/4/2014 11:15:54 PM
Why didn't you buy any games with it? And to answer your question, no your console shouldn't be making a grinding noise.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#15Merc009(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 11:19:03 PM
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

Yes there should definitely not be a grinding noise. Mine is super quiet. Is it a loud grinding like really loud? Or just barely noticeable?

It definetly doesnt sound like a vacum which is normal to me, its grinding noise like a pc
#16WarsuhPosted 8/4/2014 11:32:38 PM
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

It definetly doesnt sound like a vacum which is normal to me, its grinding noise like a pc

Just checked google, the only grinding noise I could find was a problem with the Disc drive when putting in a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HYb1zJKABI is this the same noise?
#17Merc009(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 11:46:21 PM
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

Just checked google, the only grinding noise I could find was a problem with the Disc drive when putting in a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HYb1zJKABI is this the same noise?

Nah, it makes a noise all the time not just with discs, its definetly getting louder though, it sounds like scratching inside the console
#18psykojuggalo98Posted 8/4/2014 11:53:38 PM
Return it ASAP. There's something wrong, and you didn't pay for that, or deserve it.
#19WarsuhPosted 8/4/2014 11:56:07 PM
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

Nah, it makes a noise all the time not just with discs, its definetly getting louder though, it sounds like scratching inside the console

Yeah man it sounds like you need a replacement.
#20MusuoJoePosted 8/5/2014 1:10:13 AM
Mine seems to be very quiet.. Return it now..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*