Is it normal to have a grinding noise?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it normal to have a grinding noise?
11 months ago#21
I just returned it and got a new one, it still makes the same noise but its alot quieter, im guessing its normal, it sounds like a pc
11 months ago#22
I actually think they might have sold me a used console because the other one i got came with more protective packaging, the AC had a plastic cover on the tip and the tape was different
11 months ago#23
Sorry for triple post but i just spent 450$

The humming sound the console makes is the same one the power brick does when instant on setting is turned on, is it normal? All xbox cant be broken
11 months ago#24
I guess if you need another post telling you that any loud sound is not normal for the X-1...well...here it is.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
11 months ago#25
Is it quiet when you first power up the console and the noise starts only when the installation progress comes up and continues onwards?
11 months ago#26
Electronics make noise. Depending on how sensitive your ears are, it can be incredibly loud or whisper quiet.

When you add in the "cost a lot of money variable", your ears tend to get more sensitive.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
11 months ago#27
Do you own a PS4? Maybe turn that on standby to drown out the X1's noise :)
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it normal to have a grinding noise?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived