When Xbox is off, turn off storage

#1aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 1:48:27 AM(edited)
I guess this should be self explanatory but I don't understand. It's an option in Instant on settings.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#2miethaPosted 8/5/2014 2:03:10 AM
I'm guessing it means, and just a guess, that the xbox can turn off external storage attached to it.
#3aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 2:19:39 AM
mietha posted...
I'm guessing it means, and just a guess, that the xbox can turn off external storage attached to it.

I didn't think about external storage but now that you mentioned it, if your guess is right it makes sense.
---
#4miethaPosted 8/5/2014 2:33:47 AM
I actually bought an external drive for it last week but haven't hooked it up yet. I didn't know that setting was there, so I'll make sure to check it out once I do. Thanks for the heads-up.
#5aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 2:40:13 AM
No problem. Let me know if you find out what this means please.
---
#6Not_ShippyPosted 8/5/2014 3:00:36 AM
aheroafake posted...
No problem. Let me know if you find out what this means please.

It's just to turn the external storage off once the system is off. My external has a white light on it to signify that it's on, it turns on whenever the xbox is actually on, not in stand by or anything. Once the xbox is off, the external also turns off.

When the update to use external storage came out, I'd usually get up and manually unplug my external because I thought it'd keep running since the xbox is in stand by mode. But I guess one day out of sheer laziness I just kept it plugged in and when I remembered I was like "OHH f*ck the xbox is gonna read and write that thing into oblivion."

It didn't it just turned it off by itself, which was nice, so no worries or anything on that front anymore.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:0476-9471-9375
Xbox Live GT:Eren x Yeager
#7aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:13:40 AM(edited)
^I initially thought the option was referring to the Xbox One's HDD. Thank you for the explanation.
---
#8leelee3105Posted 8/5/2014 4:02:16 AM
anyone have a pic of a nice setup where they were able to make an external HD look good?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online>>resolution