Party chat..

#1SyxxPakk6Posted 8/5/2014 3:07:58 AM
So I know there was a lot of issues with party chat a few months ago and it was supposed to be cleared up but I'm still never able to chat with my brothers. I don't know any other friends with a xbone yet so I don't know if its a connection issue on one of our ends or just the service is glitchy still.. anyone have any ideas? They're only about 2 hrs away and both systems are set as DMZ mode on their router. Chat connects but we can never hear each other or else one can hear and the other cannot hear or chat.

Some times the chat indicator is going non stop in the party window too. Anyone else experience this? Everything else runs fine and in major cities with 50mb connections.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#2slowdog76Posted 8/5/2014 3:12:03 AM
what do your connection settings say? packet loss? nat? ping?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#3SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:16:03 AM
Pings are about 20-60, NAT does sometimes say strict which I don't get when set to DMZ. I even get NAT warning sometimes when directly connected to the modem though which makes absolutely no sense. But NAT is open for the most party. No packet loss errors even when testing via my PC.

Also no heavy bandwidth use in the houses from other devices like Netflix or torrents.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#4slowdog76Posted 8/5/2014 3:28:49 AM
sounds like generally you are using wireless

theres a couple things i would say:

get everyone to do a hard reset (hold power button for 30 second , then unplug everything for a couple minutes, then reboot) i do it once a week as a matter of course and my system runs better for it

im not saying this will work for you, but consider it. i was getting moderate / strict NAT since day one. sometimes open, but not often. and i had every port forwarded, anything you can thinkof, i tried. one day, there were packet loss issues (xbox fault but i didnt know at the time) and i did a factory reset on my router, losing everything. its natural state was upnp on, and guess what. perfect nat and everything ever since. zero problems.

both of the above are thing ms will tell you to try, so worth doing before you get in touch with them. bear in mind, you ALL need to be doing this
---
Confucius
#5slowdog76Posted 8/5/2014 3:29:10 AM
oh, and get it sorted on wired before going back to wireless
---
Confucius
#6SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:46:25 AM(edited)
Nah I'm hard wired and so are my brothers I wired it all for them but if I wasn't wired would have been some good input the for the reply.

My console and gaming PC is always connected via ethernet.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#7WarsuhPosted 8/5/2014 4:04:19 AM
Strict NAT will absolutely not work in X1 chat. Everybody must have open or at the very least moderate. Don't worry though it is very easy to get open NAT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ebAvO3ZvHQE

This has worked for 5 of my buddies, so I'm almost positive it will work for you. Hope that helps.
#8SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 4:07:58 AM
Warsuh posted...
Strict NAT will absolutely not work in X1 chat. Everybody must have open or at the very least moderate. Don't worry though it is very easy to get open NAT.

This has worked for 5 of my buddies, so I'm almost positive it will work for you. Hope that helps.

I'll watch that once at a computer but its only set strict 1/10 times also I'm running DMZ mode which should be 100% open ports.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#9WarsuhPosted 8/5/2014 4:10:18 AM
SyxxPakk6 posted...
Warsuh posted...

I'll watch that once at a computer but its only set strict 1/10 times also I'm running DMZ mode which should be 100% open ports.

If it isn't strict for you then it has to be an issue on your brothers end. If they have strict they can't talk in party chat. Even if you have open.
#10SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 1:24:16 PM
Warsuh posted...
SyxxPakk6 posted...
Warsuh posted...

If it isn't strict for you then it has to be an issue on your brothers end. If they have strict they can't talk in party chat. Even if you have open.

Ya I know that I also set up their network and its rarely showing as strict.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!