Xbox One Bundle Deals ( Desperate? ) PS4 Bundle Deals ( Deals For Gamers?)

#11AzaneAzerPosted 8/5/2014 8:22:08 AM(edited)
Sony doesnt need to be desperate, they're 3 laps ahead in a 2 lap race.

Microsoft has to pay people with free games to take their console.
#12NakedSnake1986Posted 8/5/2014 8:42:53 AM
I'm still holding out on an xbone redesign. I got the kinectless version day of release and it was defective. Hope my 360 lives for another 2 years.
#13jasonkingmarkPosted 8/5/2014 9:12:46 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
The social gaming pipeline has begun spreading spew since Xbox One has announced MADDEN and Sunset Overdrive bundles $399.99. Saying that Microsoft is desperate because they are "giving" away their games in a bundle instead of charging for them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/white-xbox-one-could-be-headed-to-retail-with-sunset-overdrive?abthid=53e0d6ad5c7c095d6f00000e

Meanwhile Sony actually charges for the games bundled with their consoles at $449.99. This isn't about which bundle is better or what company is better. This is about Is Microsoft really giving them away because of Xbox One sales? or because it's a good deal for first time adopters?

Is Sony charging for their bundled games because they are ahead in sales? Is that a good deal for first time adopters? What do you think?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-glacier-white-playstation-4-destiny-bundle-glacier-white/6731019.p?id=1219238306702&skuId=6731019&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6731019&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!80286745719!g!!47516520279&kpid=6731019&k_clickid=7f9a834a-d855-b5a8-5a25-00007e82c271&kpid=6731019

---

So getting a free game bundled with a new console is a bad thing? Are people never happy?

I have an Xbox one and love it to pieces. People really need to stop caring so much about what Sony and Microsoft are doing because ultimately who cares? It doesn't put money in your pocket or pay your bills.
#14LooksLikeRainPosted 8/5/2014 9:27:39 AM
Everything Microsoft does out of greed and desperation.

Everything Sony does is because they're philanthropic and care about the customer.

Don't you know that?
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#15youngunner2123Posted 8/5/2014 10:19:21 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Everything Microsoft does out of greed and desperation.

Everything Sony does is because they're philanthropic and care about the customer.

Don't you know that?

---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#16kyncaniPosted 8/5/2014 12:13:59 PM
adonfraz posted...
Microsoft is behind so..yeah, they're offering better bundle deals and policies likes Games for Gold/No Gold paywall for apps. If Microsoft makes moves and becomes competitive with the PS4, then Sony will have more deals and offer more value for their product.

It's good for everyone.

Except PS+ games are now crap on PS4 and Games With Gold, which is supposed to be Microsoft counter-offer is even crappier.
#17DarthUchiha91Posted 8/5/2014 12:29:20 PM
nableet posted...
The MS bundles actually make them worth it, the PS4 bundles only give you $10 off, which is only "Ok".

I wouldn't say the PS4 bundles are for the gamers, just that they command a healthy sales lead and are under less pressure to cut the price as demand is high.

MS is, effectively, offering a price cut. As you are getting more value for the same price as normal. It makes it a more attractive deal, but the reason why they are doing it is surely because of where they sit sales wise. That is why people say it is "desperation".

This.

And I don't recall anyone, let alone a Sony fanboy, praising its bundles.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#18chedibang1994Posted 8/5/2014 12:38:07 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
nableet posted...
The MS bundles actually make them worth it, the PS4 bundles only give you $10 off, which is only "Ok".

I wouldn't say the PS4 bundles are for the gamers, just that they command a healthy sales lead and are under less pressure to cut the price as demand is high.

MS is, effectively, offering a price cut. As you are getting more value for the same price as normal. It makes it a more attractive deal, but the reason why they are doing it is surely because of where they sit sales wise. That is why people say it is "desperation".

This.

And I don't recall anyone, let alone a Sony fanboy, praising its bundles.

Go to dualshockers
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#19Syn_VengeancePosted 8/5/2014 12:44:20 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
I think the double standard on this issue is bizarre, but TC himself displays double-standards all the time here so he shouldn't be throwing stones from a glass house.

I think you're confusing me with yourself XBRO.

---

Nope, definitely not. I'm very consistent in my criticism. You, however, have all the trappings of the classic console warrior; too poor to afford all the systems, angry at rival companies, etc. etc.

How come is it people have to be "Too poor" if they don't have all the new consoles? I only have an Xbox One and have plenty of money to buy a PS4 and WII U. I choose not to because I don't care for or need to own the other 2.

You criticize what he writes but then generalize people with one console as being "too poor" to afford the other ones. Maybe he has responsibilities and doesn't revolve his whole life around gaming, I have young kids and don't have enough time for 3 consoles myself, doesn't make me poor..

Do you go around saying people who are single are too ugly or not good enough for a relationship? People around here are so quick to judge others..
---
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Gamertag: Syn Vengeance0
#20duericPosted 8/5/2014 12:48:01 PM
In fairness, Sony can't afford to give anything away right now.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member