Would Crytek have avoided their financial crisis if Ryse sold better?

#11zerooo0Posted 8/5/2014 10:01:33 AM
I don't know about ya, but I thought TLoU was fairly average and the only thing it really had was a good story. Everything else sucked.

But back on topic. No. Crytek is nothing more than history repeating itself. If Crytek can't make profits out of indie games or get a big franchise then they are going to fade away.

Oh yea TLoU sucked.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12WarsuhPosted 8/5/2014 12:04:07 PM
Crytek screwed themselves long ago. They expanded their number of studios studios and tripled their work force way to fast. None of their games have sold really well and cry engine is failing because nobody is buying it. But still Crytek expanded into multiple studios and that is what doomed them. Ryse was just icing on the cake for their financial woes. Keep in mind Microsoft was willing to shovel at loads of money to buy the Ryse ip, a game that sold a million copies or less. But Crytek refused to sell the ip, put them into a deeper spot. Moral of the story they screwed themselves when they hired the management staff because they are idiots.
#13aj4x94Posted 8/5/2014 12:31:23 PM
Crytek could have avoided their financial crisis if they actually made games instead of tech demos.

Was I supposed to be impressed by Crysis?
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#14yiangaruuugaPosted 8/5/2014 12:49:36 PM
I think Crytek should centralize all of it's subsidiaries to one location, and focus all of their talents on a single game. Their engine has some good power to it, but no other devs want to buy it, and I don't think they are taking a full advantage of it. I believe they should try for an open-world game that's like Crysis.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#15ht02135Posted 8/9/2014 11:00:24 AM
crytek should be thankful to playstation for letting lousy crysis 3 free on psn, so crytek can get some money when gamer download it.

crytek, weak engine, lousy game, should bk long ago.
#16crucialPosted 8/9/2014 11:06:14 AM
What I find funny is last gen no one cared about Crytek,many gamer's had no clue who they were as a Dev,they released a few sub par games with Crisis 2 and Crisis 3 that are 2 very average games,then they release Ryse a pretty looking game that is below average now here we are,my question to everyone is who gives a fudge?let them go under THQ was a better company.
#17lunaticcorePosted 8/9/2014 11:09:39 AM
Crysis 3 didn't exactly fly off the shelves either.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#18nableetPosted 8/9/2014 11:33:19 AM
Horridhal posted...
Ryse isn't their primary problem.

Trying to sell an engine no one wants is their problem.

This, coupled with the fact that Ryse sold almost a million copies to a user base of 4M~ which is almost a quarter of xbone owners. Not sure how much better they expected to fair with a new IP.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#19Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/9/2014 11:34:38 AM
if the future of crytek was banking on this one game then they were screwed from the get-go. If something is going to save them it will be Far Cry series
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#20lunaticcorePosted 8/9/2014 11:36:38 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
if the future of crytek was banking on this one game then they were screwed from the get-go. If something is going to save them it will be Far Cry series

They don't have Far Cry anymore.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng