Buying an Xbox One later today (Tips?)

#1supermoc10Posted 8/5/2014 10:12:07 AM
So I'm buying an Xbox One later today and I was wondering if you had any tips on what games to buy. I plan on getting exclusives only since I already have a PS4 for multiplat games (also have a Wii U so the next-gen trio will be complete). There's no game currently on the system that feels like a must-buy so I'm buying for the games coming out this Fall (MCC, Sunset and Forza Horizon 2) and future exclusives. However, I do want something to play on my shiny new Xbox One. Any suggestions?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2therickmu25Posted 8/5/2014 10:13:33 AM
You can download Killer Instinct for free and they have an awesome tutorial to play around with.

I really spent the first couple months just playing with all the features and didn't buy any games for it.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#3Hero_ofTime2010Posted 8/5/2014 10:13:35 AM
Grab Titanfall if you like FPS games at all. It's just a ton of fun, plain and simple. Wall running, dropping in Titans, trying to kill titans on your own. Want me to post some clips?
---
PowerFAQS baby. Don't be afraid to invite me to stuff.
Xbox One GT: Invisiblekid17
#4That_Damn_KidPosted 8/5/2014 10:14:01 AM
If you're getting Horizon 2 get Forza 5. I've seen on sale a lot for $25 recently.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#5chex81Posted 8/5/2014 10:16:41 AM
PvZ
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#6EllesarienPosted 8/5/2014 10:17:28 AM
I would say get ready for Horizon with some Forza 5 and DR3 & Ryse were both a ton of fun to play and don't require a massive investment in time. The Ryse story I found was very engaging.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#7Jenova911Posted 8/5/2014 10:20:23 AM
Get ryse, it is amazing you'll thank me later
---
Liberals strive for a future that can never be achieved while Conservatives want to return to a past that never existed.
#8supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:21:39 AM
Damn those replies were quick.

therickmu25 posted...
You can download Killer Instinct for free and they have an awesome tutorial to play around with.

I really spent the first couple months just playing with all the features and didn't buy any games for it.

I like fighting games (though I only play them casually and when friends come over) so if I can try it out for free I will.

Hero_ofTime2010 posted...
Grab Titanfall if you like FPS games at all. It's just a ton of fun, plain and simple. Wall running, dropping in Titans, trying to kill titans on your own. Want me to post some clips?

I was definitely interested in Titanfall because it looks amazing. However, I heard that it has a low population right now. Is that true? I really want to play it but I think there's stuff you can only unlock in Campaign and if that's dead there's no point.

That_Damn_Kid posted...
If you're getting Horizon 2 get Forza 5. I've seen on sale a lot for $25 recently.

Not a fan of Sim Racers so no Forza 5.
---
#9dmx2k1Posted 8/5/2014 10:22:20 AM
Go buy it at target! You get a $50 gift card this week o you could buy a game or just save it till something you want comes out!
---
been on gamefaqs for ages and I get modded for giving out two beta codes to gears 3 v_v
#10supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:25:04 AM
Jenova911 posted...
Get ryse, it is amazing you'll thank me later

I think I'll wait a bit on that one. Graphics are fantastic but it seems like a game I'll check out if it's on sale later on or if it's free on GwG.
---