Angry Joe's newest review takes a couple shots at Xbox fanboys

#31MVNeoPosted 8/5/2014 4:39:45 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
The sad thing about Angry Joe, he just randomly started taking shots on everyone for no reason.

Last year he was cool about stuff and neutral, but now? He just wants the views and isn't trying to be subtle.

---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#32Laylow12Posted 8/5/2014 4:49:51 PM
The XBOX ONE doesn't have any games that are anywhere near the quality of games Naughty Dog makes.

First 10 of NextGen™

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#33GladiatorDangerPosted 8/5/2014 4:58:20 PM
Legend524 posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Ugghhh that was painful to watch, thing about Angry Joe is while he likes to make out that he is the "hard hitting reviewer that isn't afraid to speak the truth about games no matter how much it might offend the developers" he still needs to keep the fans on his side in order to generate views and when reviewing a game like the Last of Us you better damn well watch what you say and give the game a perfect score otherwise the Fanboys will come down on you HARD. In the end his reviews can be just as dishonest as the reviewers from popular review sites, only difference is his reviews are written to appease the fans that generate views rather than the developers that pay for ad revenue.

This was clearly the review of a politician rather than a gamer.

Really? Just because you didn't like it, it's not a gamers opinion? Look at his other reviews. He tells the truth of what he thinks. He gave DmC a good score, and the Fandom hates the game. In the long run its still his opinion.

I'm wondering if the people who disliked TLOU even played the game, or if they are just bandwagoning the hipsters who hate it.

I can't speak for Joe's other reviews but this one just seems pretty disingenuous, in this review he talks a lot without really saying anything making the whole review look like pure spin to appease the fans who would no doubt jump down his throat if he dared give the game anything less than a 9, it is not enough to merely talk about how good the game is without talking about what makes the game good, using words like "immersive" and "engrossing" and "believable" doesn't mean much unless you are going to say why the game is "immersive" and "engrossing" and "believable", it was like watching a politician make a speech designed to fool voters into thinking they addressed the issue without really saying anything at all.
#34ChiliPupPosted 8/5/2014 5:12:02 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I disagree with him, so I couldn't care less what he says. I thought TLoU was really just an average game with the only good thing about it was the story. Angry Joe is just starting to show a bias. I wonder if he will review the Halo:MCC and say something about the PS Fanboys? I doubt it, but you know bias is bias.

Also doesn't change the fact that TLoU Remastered is nothing more than just a last gen port.

Yep, too bad about that whole exclusivity thing. Oh well, at least you have your sales numbers to hang your hat on.
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#35daniel79Posted 8/5/2014 5:23:42 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Special-Edd posted...

I don't think Angry Joe owns a Xbox one yet. Last generation he stuck with one console and he might do the same thing this generation.
---

He has both lucky. If I only had time for more than one system that would be great.

AzaneAzer posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I disagree with him, so I couldn't care less what he says. I thought TLoU was really just an average game with the only good thing about it was the story. Angry Joe is just starting to show a bias. I wonder if he will review the Halo:MCC and say something about the PS Fanboys? I doubt it, but you know bias is bias.

Also doesn't change the fact that TLoU Remastered is nothing more than just a last gen port.

I like how he baited out an xbox fanboy to post.

No fanboy. See we all have these things called, what's the word oh yea, opinions. I know they might be a little hard for you to grasp.

And yours really needed to be heard. Cheers.

I feel better for knowing.
#36bapelvPosted 8/5/2014 5:24:13 PM
Xbox fans and xbox fanboys are the same thing just saying.
---
PSN:BapeLV GT:MaliciousRrrr
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor/16GB/GTX 670
#37velvet_hammerPosted 8/5/2014 5:27:38 PM
Always liked AJ just dont always agree. Tlou is a masterpiece though
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#38InjusticeRebornPosted 8/5/2014 10:46:29 PM
Holy_Oblivion posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
I skipped to 10:35, and I lol'ed hard.

But then I watched the video throughout. I admit, it made me want to play it a little bit, but then when the video ended and he gave the score, that slight and tiny urge died straight away. I guess I have fungus growing on the brain. :(

Why'd the score change your mind?

Oh, it didn't. Even though I can't (yet) find that interest in the game, I think it deserves it's praise. It's just, whatever excitement AJ conjures up in his video dies as soon as it finishes.

It's like I'm on a knife's edge, waiting to be tipped over to either the buy side or the not buy side.

His video on Dragon's Dogma did it. After trying the demo, I was nearly there, and then I watched his review on it, and even though he had what he had to say (the negatives), I just 'zinged' with it, and got the game.

I'm not saying I'm expecting AJ or any reviewers to tell me what to get, but I'm more than willing to try out any game, especially one receiving so much good word from the community. I tend to read reviews every now and then on such a game to see if I've developed in interest, and that time isn't now when concerning The Last of Us.

It isn't the first review I've experienced for TLoU, and it won't be the last.

I either have fungus on the brain, or it's just that I'm more than content with the games I'm getting with my PS4 in the coming months. Maybe I'll find that interest when things simmer down?
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#39RuinerEraserPosted 8/5/2014 11:36:57 PM
I love Naughty Dog, never played TLOU yet but I looks like it would be decent. As a game reviewer tho, how can Joe not own an Xbox one?
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#40Tajaz2426Posted 8/5/2014 11:50:26 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
I love Naughty Dog, never played TLOU yet but I looks like it would be decent. As a game reviewer tho, how can Joe not own an Xbox one?

He has an X1, bud. He does reviews on X1 games and did a unboxing for it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS