Ryse: Son of Rome wins SIGGRAPH Award for Best Real-Time Graphics

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Ryse: Son of Rome wins SIGGRAPH Award for Best Real-Time Graphics
10 months ago#31
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
mokmuud posted...
Ryse is like a 600lb woman that had gastric bypass. Sure she might look ok with her clothes on. But once you take the clothes off its hideous.

Possibly the dumbest analogy I've not only heard here, or the internet--but in real life too -_- .

What about Ryse compares to a 600lb woman who had gastric by-pass surgery? What are the "clothes" that Ryse takes on/off? And what's "underneath" Ryse that makes it look hideous? You're talking about graphics right, not gameplay and graphics....right?

I don't expect an answer--or a logical one, at least--but I had to ask.

Ryse looks decent enough at first but once you start to play you realize there is nothing to it. Extremely small environments, very limited enemy types, extremely simple and repetitive combat and it can be beaten in one very short sitting. Like I said at first glance it looks ok but peel away that first layer and you reveal how horrible it is.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
10 months ago#32
mokmuud posted...
Ryse looks decent enough at first but once you start to play you realize there is nothing to it. Extremely small environments, very limited enemy types, extremely simple and repetitive combat and it can be beaten in one very short sitting. Like I said at first glance it looks ok but peel away that first layer and you reveal how horrible it is.

A better analogy would have been to say Ryse is like a girl who is 10/10 in looks, but has no intelligence or sense of humour.

Having said that I think Ryse looks and plays great, if a bit repetitive, but I really enjoyed my time with it.
10 months ago#33
It only rates 2013 games

So LOL

Infamous is still the most beautiful =)
10 months ago#34
Grenade Launcher posted...
That's one way to get people talking about a maligned movie we all stopped caring to laugh at many months ago.

Hey, man! don't talk about The Last Of Us that way.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
10 months ago#35
Too bad graphics is all it had going for it. Gameplay was dull and from a sales standpoint it was nothing but a disaster for Crytek. Too bad about the sequel being canned I really think the devs would have learned from their mistakes in gameplay and would have made something truly memorable.
---
Big publishers have yet to grasp the concept that unless they offer serious money and accept a big share of the risk, nobody needs them anymore. - Dan Vavra
10 months ago#36
SoulTrapper posted...
since it's a contest you need to register for.

Haha wow.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
10 months ago#37
Second son looks better and so does killzone
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
10 months ago#38
velvet_hammer posted...
Second son looks better and so does killzone

No.
---
Once more into the fray / Into the last good fight I'll ever know / Live and die on this day / Live and die on this day
10 months ago#39
Exodus_Prime posted...
Grenade Launcher posted...
That's one way to get people talking about a maligned movie we all stopped caring to laugh at many months ago.

Hey, man! don't talk about The Last Of Us that way.

---

Even B2S had more gameplay than Ryse. And you can't die in B2S.
---
Herp Derp Merp Blerp
Grenade launcher is quality too. - Okikurmi
10 months ago#40
Ryse was a really fun and beautiful game, i think a lot of people just misunderstood the gameplay mechanics.

Anyway well deserved good job crytek
---
I try to keep it classy, but on gfaqs you've just got to get down and dirty with the trolls.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Ryse: Son of Rome wins SIGGRAPH Award for Best Real-Time Graphics

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived