Delays delays delays delays and more delays.

#11uniquebadgerPosted 8/5/2014 4:28:44 PM
xIMcDermott posted...
Really wish developers would just announce a release date that they know they can stick with, literally all my most anticipated games have been delayed

I agree 100% with this. It is so annoying that they give themselves timetables where a lot of times when the game does release when they say it would that is obvious that it was rushed and needs huge patches day 1.
#12aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 4:31:49 PM
Delays are almost always a good thing. I'd rather have a game be delayed to ensure quality than to have the game ship a broken mess. Battlefield 4 is a perfect example of a game that should've been delayed.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#13aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 4:33:26 PM
uniquebadger posted...
xIMcDermott posted...
Really wish developers would just announce a release date that they know they can stick with, literally all my most anticipated games have been delayed

I agree 100% with this. It is so annoying that they give themselves timetables where a lot of times when the game does release when they say it would that is obvious that it was rushed and needs huge patches day 1.

You realize that most of the time it's the publishers, not the developers, of the game that choose the release dates.
---
#14zerooo0Posted 8/5/2014 5:22:25 PM
aheroafake posted...
Delays are almost always a good thing. I'd rather have a game be delayed to ensure quality than to have the game ship a broken mess. Battlefield 4 is a perfect example of a game that should've been delayed.

Right delays are always good......looks at Watch Dogs oh wait.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#15lunaticcorePosted 8/5/2014 5:27:01 PM
zerooo0 posted...
aheroafake posted...

He didn't say delayed games are always good, just that delaying a game to fix it is better than shipping a broken game.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#16zerooo0Posted 8/5/2014 5:29:02 PM
lunaticcore posted...
good thing. I'd rather have a game be delayed to ensure quality than to have the game ship a broken mess. Battlefield 4 is a perfect example of a game that should've been delayed.

He didn't say delayed games are always good, just that delaying a game to fix it is better than shipping a broken game.
---
--- Chilling and

My example still stands, but I probably shouldn't have used "always good" Just because they delay a game doesn't mean it will make it a better game.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#17aheroafakePosted 8/5/2014 6:04:27 PM
zerooo0 posted...
lunaticcore posted...
good thing. I'd rather have a game be delayed to ensure quality than to have the game ship a broken mess. Battlefield 4 is a perfect example of a game that should've been delayed.

---
--- Chilling and

My example still stands, but I probably shouldn't have used "always good" Just because they delay a game doesn't mean it will make it a better game.

No, your "example" doesn't still stand. You still took what I said out of context.
---
#18triple sPosted 8/5/2014 6:05:49 PM
Just as long as Smash Bros, WWE 2k15 and Master Chief Collection don't get delayed, I'll be able to manage.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#19SPARTAN_D7Posted 8/5/2014 6:16:19 PM
dueric posted...
The shame is, so many games should be delayed but aren't.

This.

Delays are a good thing. When they don't delay games and they aren't ready then people cry that they are just beta testing a game. When they are delayed people cry that they are delayed. Can't make some people happy.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#20ComradeRyanPosted 8/5/2014 7:29:09 PM
I do not mind that games I am interested in get delayed if it means we get to play a better product.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com